Thread: Redirected host scan results cannot be fixed

Default Redirected host scan results cannot be fixed

I had many redirected host entries after scanning. After reboot, 2 can't be fixed and I get the message that they are currently in use. I'd like to know how to fix these.

CoolWWWSearch.SmartSearch: Redirected host
    www.ZeroSpyWare.com=127.0.0.1

CoolWWWSearch.SmartSearch: Redirected host
    ZeroSpyWare.com=127.0.0.1

Spybot Advisor Team [Retired] md usa spybot fan's Avatar

It appears that you are using a relatively restrictive HOSTS file. ZeroSpyware was listed at one time as a Rogue/Suspect Anti-Spyware Product in the following:

However, ZeroSpyware was removed from the list:
    Note on ZeroSpyware: ZeroSpyware was listed on this page because of concerns with false positives and the nature of its detections and scan reporting (1, 2). In early September 2004, a new version of ZeroSpyware was released. Testing with this new version indicates not only that the problems with earlier versions have been satisfactorily resolved, but that the application does provide usable anti-spyware protection. Thus, we can no longer consider ZeroSpyware to be "rogue/suspect" anti-spyware.
    I suggest that you either:
    1. Ignore the detections by Spybot if you do not intend on visiting those sites.
      --- or ---
    2. Manually edit your HOSTS file and eliminate those entries.

The other possibility is to notify whoever produces the HOSTS file that you are using and inform them the ZeroSpyware is no longer considered a Rogue/Suspect Anti-Spyware Product so that future updates of that HOSTS file do not cause the conflict that you are encountering.

Getting an answer is one thing, learning is another.

Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition running on a 2.40GHz IntelŪ PentiumŪ 4 Processor with 512 MB of RAM and a 533 MHz System Bus.

Thank you.
    I'm using the current hosts list from Bluetack.