Thread: Spybot for Firefox?? And Linux??

Question Spybot for Firefox?? And Linux??

Hi! Is there a way to protect Firefox by Spybot? Lately I've started using Linux and I was wondering if there is a version of SS&D for this platform?? All the best to ya all!!!

Talking

Hello
    Firefox is not on the same conception than Internet Explorer....the biggest difference between these browsers is in the ActiveX.IE maybe affect by ActiveX....and normally Firefox is safe from theses.....for Linux??i don't know
    Bye

So, Danny, you think that it's safer to use IE7 with SBS&D or Firefox2?
    I'm talking about ebanking for example or eshopping...
    After when I'm using the Fox Spybot finds cookies that are not getting into my system when I use IE7 because SB doesn't let them.
    I thought for a while that Firefox was safer but I'm not sure anymore...
    Thanx!

Quote Originally Posted by Danny View Post
    Hello
    Firefox is not on the same conception than Internet Explorer....the biggest difference between these browsers is in the ActiveX.IE maybe affect by ActiveX....and normally Firefox is safe from theses.....for Linux??i don't know
    Bye
    ...and FF is protected by Spybot from tracking cookies and malwares too

After when I'm using the Fox Spybot finds cookies that are not getting into my system when I use IE7 because SB doesn't let them.
    Not to interrupt,but if you find Spybot is finding more tracking cookies after upgrading to Firefox2,than it did with previous versions of Firefox,it might be because Firefox2 doesn't have the 'Accept cookies...from the originating website only'option in Privacy->Cookies anymore(if you had that set in 1.5).Though I'm not 100% certain about that,because my network.cookie.cookieBehavior was still set to 1 in about:config when I looked.
    You can still set the option in Firefox's about:config if you don't like third-party cookies.
    http://kb.mozillazine.org/Cookies#Cookie_permissions
    http://kb.mozillazine.org/Network.cookie.cookieBehavior

Quote Originally Posted by kuglagier View Post
    So, Danny, you think that it's safer to use IE7 with SBS&D or Firefox2?
    I'm talking about ebanking for example or eshopping...
    I thought for a while that Firefox was safer but I'm not sure anymore...
    Thanx!
    Hi
    I think the most important thing about transaction online or visiting your financial institutions is to have a clean computer(and make all kind of scans with your protection softwares)....no matter if you use IE7 or FF2......and to worry about tracking cookies...to be more peaceful ,just delete them before any kind of online things who touch $$......
    Go check this article a PC WORLD about IE7 and FF2
    http://blogs.pcworld.com/techlog/archives/003021.html
    Bye
    Last edited by Danny; 2006-10-29 at 02:49.

also, kuglagier, see this topic about Spybot & Firefox:
    http://forums.spybot.info/showpost.p...43&postcount=4

Quote Originally Posted by kuglagier View Post
    Hi! Is there a way to protect Firefox by Spybot? Lately I've started using Linux and I was wondering if there is a version of SS&D for this platform?? All the best to ya all!!!
    You shouldn't need SS&D for Linux yet. The OS hasn't penetrated the market that much and the securities are better unless you're crazy and use the root user.

The only cookies I have are the ones I "permitted" using Firefox extension "Permit Cookies 0.6.2."

https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/44

After installing, I went to Tools > Privacy and un-checked "Allow cookies from sites." Then I clicked "Show Cookies", and then "Remove All".

Permit Cookies places a "C" icon above the clock that changes color to show status of sites. Clicking the "C" opens a box with options Allow/Session/Block/Remove for the site you're on.

With old cookies removed I had to re-do a lot of log-ins for bank, shopping, forums etc, but I think it was worth it. Now I can run a pretty aggressive disc cleaning utility and the cookies I want are protected.

KW
    DELL Latitude C600/Pent III/1.0Ghz/10Gb/256Mb/WinXPro SP2/FF20016&IE6/
    Zone Alarm / avast! / Spybot S&D, SuperAntispyware, Malwarebytes & Spyware Blaster