Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: EF99BD32 Problem It won't go away need help fast

Spybot Advisor Team [Retired] md usa spybot fan's Avatar

Bowser05:

I do not see any log entries for the problem you originally described:

Quote Originally Posted by Bowser05 View Post
    14:14 Registry change denied
    Resident denied the change of {EF99BD32-C1FB-11D2-892F-0090271D4F88} (category Global browser toolbar) based on your blacklist
    There are log entries for the deletion of the Global browser toolbar "{EF99BD32-C1FB-11D2-892F-0090271D4F88}" which were allowed:

Quote Originally Posted by Bowser05 View Post

10/26/2006 6:40:49 PM Allowed value "{EF99BD32-C1FB-11D2-892F-0090271D4F88}" (new data: "") deleted in Global browser toolbar!

10/27/2006 6:12:16 PM Allowed value "{EF99BD32-C1FB-11D2-892F-0090271D4F88}" (new data: "") deleted in Global browser toolbar!

10/28/2006 12:40:50 PM Allowed value "{EF99BD32-C1FB-11D2-892F-0090271D4F88}" (new data: "") deleted in Global browser toolbar!

10/29/2006 11:56:07 AM Allowed value "{EF99BD32-C1FB-11D2-892F-0090271D4F88}" (new data: "") deleted in Global browser toolbar!
    I suggest that you refresh the TeaTimer snapshot files to make sure that the snapshot file are in sync with the system registry as follows:
    • Right click Spybot's TeaTimer System Tray Icon > click Exit Spybot-S&D Resident.
      • TeaTimer closes.
      • TeaTimer's snapshot files are refreshed at this time.
    • Restart TeaTimer:
      • Using Windows Explorer, navigate to C:\Program Files\Spybot - Search & Destroy.
      • Double click TeaTimer.exe to start it.

Getting an answer is one thing, learning is another.

Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition running on a 2.40GHz Intel® Pentium® 4 Processor with 512 MB of RAM and a 533 MHz System Bus.

Unhappy Problem...

See that is the problem, if I close Spybot then the 'Blues Screen' comes up RIGHT away. I need to have it open and I can't even turn off my computer anymore otherwise it takes hours to start up properly. I am guessing there is a virus that is associated with my long-gone Toolbar and Spybot is the only program detecting it, but it is restarting everytime it is supressed so that even though it isn't a threat right now necessarily, it isn't gone either so the moment Spybot isn't running, the supression is gone and BOOM my system is gone. I do see what you are talking about how it isn't up-to-date. I really don't know what else to do are there any other suggestions you have that might help?
    "Do, or do not. There is no try." ~ Jedi Master Yoda

Exclamation Curiosity...

Also, I was wondering if you knew exactly where in the Registry Editor I could find the information for Yahoo! Toolbar and/or Global browser Toolbar. I just want to see something real quick. Thanks and I hope we can figure out how to fix this soon because I don't like not being able to shut-down my PC. Again sorry for not being able to completely cooperate but you must understand that I can't because my computer will crash, and last time it took so long to start up, I don't want to take that chance of it NOT starting up this time.

Thumbs down Help PLEASE...

Somebody help me please because nobody is helping me and my computer is starting to deteriorate.

The entry is most likely in the following key:
    Code:
    [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Toolbar]

Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition running on a 2.40GHz Intel® Pentium® 4 Processor with 512 MB of RAM and a 533 MHz System Bus.

Thumbs down Tried...

I tried deleting all items in my registry that went by the name that is having the problem. The change is still happening though. How can a registry change be happening for something that doesn't exist anymore? Any ideas on that?

The cause of the problem is probably because TeaTimer's snapshot files are out of sync with the registry. TeaTimer takes snapshots of Registry entries and compares these with the Registry to determine if registry entries have changed. Until these snapshots are updated you are likely to get pop-ups of changes you made in the past. In other words, TeaTimer attempts to return the Registry to the state it was in when the snapshots were taken.

I suggested that you refresh TeaTimer's snapshot files by stopping and restarting TeaTimer, but you indicated that you could not do that because your system gets a BSOD (Blue Screen of Death) when you do.

Lightbulb If It Must Be Done...

If that might be the only solution at the moment then I will try it and take the chance I guess. I am going to back up my stuff and finish anything important I need to do on the computer then I will try what you are suggesting. Theoritically with the problem gone nothing should happen right? Lucky I have all of my drivers and installation discs with me. I will re-post if I can to report what happens.

I hope you have backup for your personal files, software, etc. It sounds like you have one sick system and the only alternative in the long run may be to restore the system.

Smile Hmmm...

I did back everything up, but strangely after restarting Spybot 2 things happened.

1. The box stopped popping up and everything seems to be in order BUT
    2. The resident log is still not up-to-date...still only showing up to the 29th of last month.

I am going to do a full virus scan with norton and then do a full problem check with Spybot and see what happens. If nothing shows up then for now I gues the problem is settled.