Thread: MSRegedit-sbRecovery situation

Default MSRegedit-sbRecovery situation

Hello: I'll try to be brief. I can no longer run Registry Editor on my machine. The only place I can find "regedit" is in the /Help folders and in the
    \Recovery\MSRegedit and the \Recovery\Windows Registry using PkZip files.
    Would these have anything to do with my problem? When I Unzip the MSRegedit, it is secured with sb.Recovery.ini and sb.Recovery.reg. Any help?

Thanks,
    papa

Spybot Advisor Team [Retired] md usa spybot fan's Avatar

The MSRegedit.zip folder sounds like a Spybot recovery folder since it contains the following files:
    sb.Recovery.ini
    sb.Recovery.reg

If you go into Spybot > Recovery you can view the content of the .reg file by expanding the MSRegedit entry (click the plus sign (+) in front of the entry).

You can recover entries by checking the entry and then selecting "Recover selected items".

Note: I am not sure that the recovery item has any thing to do with your Regedit problem since "MS Regedit" is only a usage track entry.

Getting an answer is one thing, learning is another.

Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition running on a 2.40GHz IntelŪ PentiumŪ 4 Processor with 512 MB of RAM and a 533 MHz System Bus.

Cool RegEdit problem

I think you're right. At this point, I'm just grasping at straws trying to find out why it isn't on my system (ME) anymore. I've run spywares and anti-viruses 'til I can't see straight. It was there two months ago. My guess is I mucked something up and lost it. The only thing is - I don't know how to replace that system file. I seem to have the rest of the System files.
    Thanks for the advice and assistance...

papa