Thread: problem updating

Default problem updating

I downloaded this program a few day ago. I have yet to complete one scan. When i attempt to check for problems. A message informs me that "
    You need to install the detection updates first by using the intergrate update or the manual updater" Then i attempt to update and i get another error message that states " Error retreiving update info file!
    socket error 10013
    Acess denied"

Please help very desperate

Hello,

Before you run your first scan you need to install the detection updates first.

For more information on updating please have a look at this link on our website:
    http://www.safer-networking.org/en/howto/update.html

Socket Error:
    Please take a look at the security settings of your firewall (if you are using one) and make sure that Spybot-S&D is not blocked. That should help to get into the updates. If Spybot-S&D is not blocked it is also possible that our server is temporarily not available. Please try again a few hours later.

If this does not help please download the updates manually:
    http://www.safer-networking.org/en/download/index.html
    Here is the direct download link:
    http://www.spybotupdates.com/updates...d_includes.exe
    Just download and run that file - it is self-installing.

Best regards
    Sandra
    Team Spybot

Default problem updating

when I try to update there are no servers. It says no server selected.. and there is no chance of choosing one...

i have noticed as well that when i try to give the program permission to pass trough the firewall, the firewall, (zonealarm), crashes...

Don't know what the problem is.. I have been using same firewall and spybot for years and never have a problem with them.., only now, after installing new version of Spybot :s

I have downloaded the updates manually, but this is not the solution.

any ideas?

Thanks.

Hello,

In order to overcome the problem for now, if you try again, have a second look at the update-menu-bar after searching for new updates. Therefore choose the update site from the navigation bar on the left. Now you'll see the update menu bar. It has a pull-down item to select a mirror. Click the arrow beside it, and select a different location (try the ones locatest nearest to you first), where you'll most probably have better chances to download. For a better understanding we have placed a picture at this link on our website:
    http://www.safer-networking.org/en/howto/update.html
    In section 4 you'll see how to select a download location nearest to you.

Best regards
    Sandra
    Team Spybot

Default re

Hi, again..

you see... this is the problem.. there are not sites to choose from. I just click and nothing happens.. there is no menu to display with the sites as there was before..
    I'm not sure if i am explaining myself so i have taken a capture of the problem, here it is:

http://www.imagegalore.com/images/boR59520.jpg

I always follow the same steps.. click on the update icon, then search for updates (when doing that there was always a site instead of the message "not server selected"), then the firewall ask me for permission, I say yes, updates for download show, choose the ones I want, then i select a site to download from and ready. But now, I can't do that cause there's no way to get a site to download the updates.

Thanks again : )

Default Re

Never mind! Problem solved.

Just working perfectly as before!
    Magic, don't ask me how, hahaha

(there was a problem of the firewall for sure)
    Last edited by Yuuki; 2006-11-03 at 14:42.

Default Problem not solved :-(

I keep getting this message.
    I wanted to install the spybotsd.ini, but placing it in "C:\Program Files\Spybot - Search & Destroy" did not help
    Also, in the registry under:
    HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\PepiMK Software\SpybotSnD
    I have:
    UpdatedMirrors="BN FileForum (Global)","PlanetMirror (Global)","TU Braunschweig (Europe)","See-Cure #1 (Europe)","See-Cure #2 (Europe)",SecurityWonks.net,"Safer Networking #1 (Europe)","Safer Networking #2 (Europe)","Safer Networking #3 (Europe)","XTeq (Germany)"

Any ideas ?
    BTW, installing and uninstalling doesn't help.