Thread: flashing yellow question mark

Default flashing yellow question mark

Hello,
    I am very new here. I came home yesterday and there was a flashing yellow quetion marks on my computer. I couldn't run IE. or any other web browser. I called my internet company and they said I had a tec issue. I called Dell and after two hour I was able to restore my computer, only it is not the way I had it. I can get IE to open but I have lost all my tools at the top. Nothing appers in the tabs at the bottom of my screen. I have read through some pages here and I am unable to run any of the progams such as www.spykiller.co.uk I should also add that the yellow question mark kept stating that I needed to run an antivirus program but my computer will not let me download any. I was wondering if someone might be able to help or point me in the direction of where I can find some help?
    Thanks
    S.

Quote Originally Posted by judicative View Post
    I have read through some pages here and I am unable to run any of the progams such as www.spykiller.co.uk I should also add that the yellow question mark kept stating that I needed to run an antivirus program but my computer will not let me download any. I was wondering if someone might be able to help or point me in the direction of where I can find some help?
    Sounds like a hi-jack, can you make a HJT log?

"BEFORE you POST" -Preliminary Steps and scanning with SPYBOT-S&D

If you can download and run HJT, start your own thread in the malware forum and copy/paste the log into that topic:

Malware Removal Forum

Let us know how it goes, cheers.
    Microsoft MVP Reconnect 2018-
    Windows Insider MVP 2016-2018
    Microsoft Consumer Security MVP 2006-2016