Thread: AVG Anti-Spyware and SpyBot Patch - False Positive?

Default AVG Anti-Spyware and SpyBot Patch - False Positive?

Hello,

Sorry if this is an old issue but I just upgraded from ewido to AVG Anti-Spyware and the scan seems to want to find an issue (see Report below.)

Should I just permanently add these entries to the Ignore list so they don't keep coming up?

Thanks in advance

AVG Anti-Spyware - Scan Report
    ---------------------------------------------------------

+ Created at: 6:23:09 AM 06/11/2006

+ Scan result:

C:\Documents and Settings\Derek\My Documents\SpyBot\S&D14 GUI PATCH.exe -> Not-A-Virus.VirTool.Win32.AvSpoffer.a : Ignored.
    C:\Program Files\Spybot - Search & Destroy\S&D14 GUI PATCH.exe -> Not-A-Virus.VirTool.Win32.AvSpoffer.a : Ignored.
    C:\Program Files\Spybot - Search & Destroy\S&D14 GUI Patch.zip/S&D14 GUI PATCH.exe -> Not-A-Virus.VirTool.Win32.AvSpoffer.a : Ignored.

::Report end

Spybot Advisor Team [Retired] md usa spybot fan's Avatar

The problem with AVG Anti-Spyware and the patches has been noted before. See the posts by Death Eternal on Page 19 and Page 20 of the Solution to fix the pop-ups in TeaTimer thread.

Death Eternal's posts:

Either ignore the problems or delete the patches.
    Last edited by md usa spybot fan; 2006-11-06 at 16:06.

Getting an answer is one thing, learning is another.

Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition running on a 2.40GHz IntelŪ PentiumŪ 4 Processor with 512 MB of RAM and a 533 MHz System Bus.

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by md usa spybot fan View Post
    The problem with AVG Anti-Spyware and the patches has been noted before. See the posts by Death Eternal on Page 19 and Page 20 of the Solution to fix the pop-ups in TeaTimer thread.

Death Eternal's posts:

Either ignore the problems or delete the patches.
    Thank you for the answer

I did try to use the Forum Search but received way to many results to wade through