Thread: problems downloading

Angry problems downloading

I have downloaded spybot in the past, I really like having it on my PC. I had to reinstall windows XP a few weeks ago, and I want to get spybot back on my PC. For some reason I am unable to download it again. I also have norton anti virus... does this have something to do with the problem?
    Any help would be great.

Hello,

If you run Norton and Spybot that won't work.

Please have a look at the link on our homepage:
    http://www.safer-networking.org/en/news/2006-09-29.html

Best regards
    Sandra
    Team Spybot

Spybot Advisor Team [Retired] md usa spybot fan's Avatar

jschlik:

When installing certain Norton products while Spybot-S&D is install there is a message issued during the Norton installation indicating that Norton and Spybot-S&D are incompatible and that Spybot-S&D should be uninstalled. However, as far as I know there is no actual incompatibility between them and I have never heard that Norton Anti-virus prevents the downloading or installation of Spybot-S&D.

Are you downloading from one of four (4) official mirror selection sites listed here?

Are you getting any messages during the download indicating why the download is failing?

Getting an answer is one thing, learning is another.

Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition running on a 2.40GHz IntelŪ PentiumŪ 4 Processor with 512 MB of RAM and a 533 MHz System Bus.

the error message that appears is " error sending request, the server name or address could not be resolved' and yes i did try downloading it from one of the places you had mentioned.

Hello,

It seems to be that you are probably infected with some sort of malware that prevents this download.

Please download HijackThis: http://www.downloads.subratam.org/hijackthis.zip
    Double click HijackThis.exe.
    Just start the program.
    Hit Scan.
    When the scan is finished, the "Scan" button will change into a "Save Log" button.
    Please mail that log with the subject "SPYBOT ATTACKED to our detectives at detections(at)spybot.info.

Best regards
    Sandra
    Team Spybot