Thread: Spybot notification of registry change

Default Spybot notification of registry change

I was just notified of an update to Java that I accepted and during that process Spybot 1.4 notified me of a change to the Registry (produced by that updating process.) Unfortunately, the box that notified me about this change that I presume was trying to get my OK for the change had an almost illegible bottom line where I was supposed, I presume, to OK the process. From left to right along the bottom of the Spybot notification box there was a checkmark to 'Remember this decisi' and that was incomplete because of the adjacent question mark button, next to that there was a clear Info button and next to that was a long blank button giving me no idea whether that button was to OK the Registry change being reported.

Sorry for the long description but I'm new to using Spybot and hope someone can describe what I should have been seeing and can the poor display be corrected?

Yes,it can be.There's a sticky topic about that here:
    http://forums.spybot.info/showthread.php?t=122
    Also,see this post for more info:
    http://forums.spybot.info/showpost.p...59&postcount=2
    hth.

Default Spybot notification of registry change

Thank you for the quick and pertinent reply. That's a lot of material to digest but for now (since I left that Spybot notification active) I pressed 'A' on the keyboard and was notified by Windows XP that the change to the registry was accepted. This was followed by a second Spybot notification (for ActiveX) that was also pending and an 'A' accepted that also. So the immediate problem was solved properly and I'll have to study the solutions. I presume that 1.5 will have the proper correction built-in?

Hello,

Yes. The bug eill be fixed in the next version.

Best regards
    Sandra
    Team Spybot