Thread: Not Immunizing fully

Question Not Immunizing fully

I have noticed for the last month that I cannot immunize completely and the program freezes at any point in the scan from start to being finished and stalls right before it says to fix problems. I get the new updates but the green update bar stops before it gets to the end and says 39 new processes available please Immunize or it tells me I have but I know it didn't go to the end of the update bar. I haven't been able to do a full scan no matter how much I try to clean everything out...Any suggestions?

Spybot Advisor Team [Retired] md usa spybot fan's Avatar

On the subject of immunization:

Some third party Internet Explorer tools and anti-spyware products affect Spybot's immunization. For example:
    • Cookie Pal removes cookie blocking registry entries put in place by Spybot.
    • Webroot’s Spy Sweeper IE Security Shield blocks some of the restricted zone entries that Spybot attempts to add to the registry.
    • Every once and a while immunizing with Spybot, Microsoft AntiSpyware reports that something is being added to the Trusted Sites Zone in Internet explorer. The report from Microsoft AntiSpyware is a false positive.
    • ZoneAlarm has caused problems in the past by removing some of Spybot's immunization.
    • If you use other products such as SpywareBlaster, IE-Spyad, etc. that also add the same type of registry entries that Spybot uses and then remove those products, it can remove some of Spybot's immunization.

Please list other software that you run.

Getting an answer is one thing, learning is another.

Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition running on a 2.40GHz Intel® Pentium® 4 Processor with 512 MB of RAM and a 533 MHz System Bus.

Default What I use

Microsoft IE
    Norton Internet Security 2006 which I just let expire after the first year so no new updates
    a not genuine windows copy...that has been identified and not allowed updates..I'm behind a router now
    Ad-Aware SE personal
    X-Cleaner

Quote Originally Posted by WIKKEDW View Post
    Microsoft IE
    Norton Internet Security 2006 which I just let expire after the first year so no new updates
    a not genuine windows copy...that has been identified and not allowed updates..I'm behind a router now
    Ad-Aware SE personal
    X-Cleaner

No answers?

Spybot Advisor Team [Retired] md usa spybot fan's Avatar

I don't recognize any of the software that you indicate is running in your system as causing a problem with Spybot's immunization process by mistakenly preventing Spybot's immunization entries from being added to the registry. In addition, the number 39 does not seem to point to a particular type of immunization entry failing to be added to the registry during the immunization process.

Getting an answer is one thing, learning is another.

Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition running on a 2.40GHz Intel® Pentium® 4 Processor with 512 MB of RAM and a 533 MHz System Bus.