Thread: How to deny third party cookies in Firefox 2?

Default How to deny third party cookies in Firefox 2?

Hello,

We are sorry, but the Immunization does not work for Firefox, it is only for the Internet Explorer. ActiveX isnīt supported by Firefox, so there is no need for protection there.
    Maybe in one of the coming versions there will be a bad download blocker for Firefox, but not at the moment.

But you can do the following:
    Please go into your Firefox and choose "Tools" from the menubar above.
    Then you choose "Options". Now select "Privacy" from the navigation bar on the left.
    At the section "Cookies" you have to open the "+" by ticking it.

ere is a thread in our forum that deals with the same problem:
    http://forums.spybot.info/showthread.php?t=3008

If you don't have any other cookies you want to save in Firefox,you could click the Remove All Cookies button. This would be easiest, but don't do it if you have any cookies you want to keep.

If you do have other cookies in Firefox you want to keep, could remove the cookies manually from within Firefox. To do so go to Tools->Options->click the Cookies tab, then click the View Cookies button.
    Looking off the Spybot report, scroll through the list to find the tracking cookie(s), then click on the tracking cookie with your mouse, and then click on the remove cookie(s) button.

Or you could try doing another scan with Spybot and see if it removes the tracking cookies this time (though it might not work, but you could try and see).

There's an article here, showing how to block third party cookies.
    http://www.spybot.info/en/faq/37.html

It is also recommendable to use SpywareBlaster also, which has an option to Prevent ad/tracking cookies in firefox.
    http://www.javacoolsoftware.com/spywareblaster.html

Best regards
    Sandra
    Team Spybot

Hi xpsunny,

We just updated the FAQ spybotsandra suggested (http://www.spybot.info/en/faq/37.html) as the Firefox instructions didn't work for Firefox 2 anymore.

So, here are the instructions for Firefox 2:
    Type "about:config" into Firefox's address bar, then type "network.cookie.cookiebehavior" in the "Filter" box. That will leave one settings line visible; double-click it, type "1" in the "Enter integer value" box, then click OK.

Thank you very much for your replies.

Thanks for the revision to the SSD FAQs regarding third-part cookies in Firefox 2! I had overlooked that change!

However, you also need to revise the instructions for Opera! My version 9.0.2 works rather differently,. so I suppose your FAQ is for an older version. Now, one follows the path Tools | Preferences | Advanced | Cookies and then selects "Accept cookies only from the site I visit.:

Oh, thanks for the hint, pudelein. I will verify that tonight and update that part, as well.

OK, updated that, as well. Any idea when (which version) this change was introduced?

Hi team spybot
    I'll try to post in English. I don't speak English well... I hope that you can understand me.
    Some peoples that use firefox 2.0 want to block some tracking cookies.
    Why don't you make a text list of this cookies?
    If you have the "name" of the cookies it's so easy to make this list.
    You have to write the cookie "name" and after it you write "||2" to block it.
    Look the example below:

tangozebra.com||2
    zedo.com||2
    euroclick.com||2
    [... continue ...]

You have to save it all in a ".txt" document.
    and it's so easy to add this list in firefox
    My browser language is Portuguese... I don't now which is the name of the menus in English, but I'll try to write they in this language:

"Tools" >>"Options">>"Privacy">>"exceptions"(?)>>"import from archive"(?)

Thank you!
    Last edited by gabrielkeller; 2007-01-05 at 17:02.