Thread: 2 bugs in Spybot's interface

Default 2 bugs in Spybot's interface

HI Spybot Team,

First of all, sorry if I'm not posting in the right place. 2nd: I want to say a big THANK YOU for creating such a beautiful program, which is also FREE!
    Now to my problem. I found 2 bugs in Spybot's interface. The first is located in Spybot's main settings window (area). The problem is the checkboxes and radiobuttons are colored black (at least I think so) and on a black background (like the one I'm using because I'm a visually impaired PC user) they can't be seen. Yes, I know that after the text on every roll in that area there is an ON/OFF indication, which indicates if the option is turnned ON or OFF, but it will be more comfortable to be able to see the elements too. See screenshot:
    This doesn't happen in Internet Explorer's settings. See screenshot:
    The other bug is in Spybot's scan results window. The bar where the coloms names are is colored in a bright color in the white text (which is set in my system for better visibility) can't be seen. See screenshot:
    Also there's no ON/OFF indication (at least I think so) for the items in the scan results and restore lists. There are graphical checkboxes, but a screenreader like JAWS for Windows can not recognize them. So, is it possible to add such indications?

Thank you for the help in advance!
    Best wishes!

Try to edit Appearance (skin).Go to desktop,right-click,select Properties,go to Appearance and edit skin like to (If you have XP) Windows XP blue (default) or (if you haven`t got XP) Windows Standard.Or edit by yourself.

Quote Originally Posted by Tom.K View Post
    Try to edit Appearance (skin).Go to desktop,right-click,select Properties,go to Appearance and edit skin like to (If you have XP) Windows XP blue (default) or (if you haven`t got XP) Windows Standard.Or edit by yourself.
    Yes, I could do that, but I'm a visually impaired user and it's best for me to use black background and white text so I can see the Windows interface easier. So ... that solution is not for me. Anyway ... thanks for the suggestion.

There is other way.
    Go to Spybot-S&D>Advanced Mode>Settings>Skins
    ,select skin and click Apply Selected.

Quote Originally Posted by Tom.K View Post
    There is other way.
    Go to Spybot-S&D>Advanced Mode>Settings>Skins
    ,select skin and click Apply Selected.
    No. It doesn't work for me. The skin is applied, but the problematic areas shown in my first post do not change their colors. I guess that has to be changed internally in the core of spybot S&D by the authors of the program. At least in the "For blind users" mode, so visually impaired users like me can work with the program more easily.