Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: My scan process is taking over 12 hours

Unhappy same here

same here!

first it started with spybot 1.3 - latest detection update.
    then i uninstalled it and installed spybot 1.4 - detection update 2005-12-16.

it still takes hours to scan...

i do have the latest version of AntiVir and symantec personal firewall pro 5.5 build 2637.

using all of that on a windows 2000 system, administrator account.

i recently had the latest infection of coolwebsearch...which caused some problems (and maybe still does, although it should be removed entirely). so i don't know if that has to do something with it...

Default The same problem since one week !!

My connection was hijacked a week ago
    017-KKLM\System\services\Tcpip\...\ \NameServer = 85.255.113.109
    When I fix it with hijackthis, it's always coming back when I restart IE. After several days internet search i find the solution to fix it.
    And it is since this hijack that spybot freeze, adaware also, regcleaner also, the spybot process starts and it seems to get stuck on some of the checks.... central24, comload, ...
    I have uninstall spybot, reinstall it. Last dectection file 2005-12-23. A new spyware ? Help !

bilulu, I removed the dupe and also your last post in which you were referring members to tools used under the supervision of our helpers in the Malware forum here:
    Before you post a log
    The freezing problem can be due to several factors which is one reason it can be difficult to nail it down.
    Regards,
    Microsoft MVP Reconnect 2018-
    Windows Insider MVP 2016-2018
    Microsoft Consumer Security MVP 2006-2016