Thread: Cannot immunize one user on multi-user PC

Default Cannot immunize one user on multi-user PC

Hello.

I look after a PC that has four users on it. It runs XP sp2, Norton AV 04, Adaware (passive freebie edition), and Spybot sd 1.4. Spybot was installed under IE6 I think, but we now have IE7.

My prolem is this. I have logged into each account and have immunized them individually. Spyot says the process has worked in every case. When I check the prohibited sites listed in IE, I get the list of cookies as expect on 3 of 4 users. On the 4th, I used to get just the first 2 sites listed, and since IE7 was installed now it shows NONE! For this user, I have turned on the resident teatimer thing.

Anybody got any ideas whats wrong? Its crossed my mind to eliminate that user and start again.

Much appreciated.

Spl33n

Spybot Advisor Team [Retired] md usa spybot fan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Spleen View Post
    I used to get just the first 2 sites listed, and since IE7 was installed now it shows NONE!
    The two sites listed rings a bell from a problem that happened in March 2005. Is the user in question that old and were you using Spybot immunization back then?

If so:
    • Download the attached REGQuery1.zip file.
    • Extract REGQuery1.bat into its own folder (see Note #1).
    • Execute REGQuery1.bat by double clicking on it.
    • After the execution of REGQuery1.bat it should have created a REGQuery1.txt file in the same folder where you executed the REGQuery1.bat file from.
    • Double click on the REGQuery1.txt file and it should open with Notepad.
      1. If the file is empty, I guessed wrong and the problem that happened in March 2005 is not the cause of your problem.
      2. If the REGQuery1.txt file lists something, copy the contents of the REGQuery1.txt file to the clipboard:
        • Select all (Ctrl+A).
        • Copy (Ctrl+C).

Then Paste (Ctrl+V) the clipboard into a new post (reply) in this thread.

Note #1: Content of the REGQuery1.bat file:

Code:
    ECHO REG QUERY

REG QUERY "HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet Settings\P3P\History\//" > REGQuery1.txt

REG QUERY "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet Settings\P3P\History\//" >> REGQuery1.txt

REG QUERY "HKEY_USERS\.DEFAULT\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet Settings\P3P\History\//" >> REGQuery1.txt

REG QUERY "HKEY_USERS\S-1-5-18\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet Settings\P3P\History\//" >> REGQuery1.txt

REG QUERY "HKEY_USERS\S-1-5-19\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet Settings\P3P\History\//" >> REGQuery1.txt

REG QUERY "HKEY_USERS\S-1-5-20\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet Settings\P3P\History\//" >> REGQuery1.txt

EXIT

Getting an answer is one thing, learning is another.

Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition running on a 2.40GHz IntelŪ PentiumŪ 4 Processor with 512 MB of RAM and a 533 MHz System Bus.