Thread: Dialogue Box buttons cut off

Default Dialogue Box buttons cut off

Hi: I like the program, but my dialogue box of changes to the registry always has the accept or deny buttons cut off. It only shows the top sliver of the buttons so I am not sure if I am accepting or deleting.

Also, how can I go back and change one I allowed? I accidently allowed a change to an IE toolbar, and I didn't want that.

Otherwise the program is kick ass!
    Thanks
    ST

Spybot Advisor Team [Retired] md usa spybot fan's Avatar

There is currently a bug in TeaTimer 1.4. Portions of TeaTimer's pup-up dialog overlay the "Allow change" and "Deny change" buttons. On my system the very top edges of the "Allow change" and "Deny change" buttons are showing and I am still able to select the options (see attached image). I also can check "Remember this decision" since it is visible. If no portion of the "Allow change" and "Deny change" buttons are showing, you can answer TeaTimer's popup dialog (English language version) by pressing "A" on your keyboard for "Allow change" or "D" for "Deny change".

If you can't deal with the problem that way until it is fixed, you can:
    1. Apply one of the workarounds found in the following pinned (Sticky) thread that fixes the pop-up dialog so the buttons are visible:
      Solution to fix the pop-ups in TeaTimer
      http://forums.spybot.info/showthread.php?t=122
    2. Disable TeaTimer as follows:
      • Go into Spybot > Mode > Advanced Mode > Tools > Resident.
      • Uncheck the following:
        • Resident "TeaTimer" (Protection of over-all system settings) Active.

You cannot reverse any Registry change decisions ("Allow change" or "Deny change") that you make with TeaTimer. You have to redo whatever you were doing so that the Registry change is done again (or manually edit the Registry).
    Last edited by md usa spybot fan; 2005-12-09 at 21:26.

Getting an answer is one thing, learning is another.

Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition running on a 2.40GHz IntelŪ PentiumŪ 4 Processor with 512 MB of RAM and a 533 MHz System Bus.

Okya - It's been a YEAR - and the issue of the buttons not displaying correctly has STILL not been fixed !? I get all updates and so forth...

Hello pgorbas

http://forums.spybot.info/showpost.p...&postcount=176
    Quote Originally Posted by PepiMK View Post
    Actually, a new TeaTimer release is in internal beta testing. We expect to give it to the forums experts late next week. Among the new features will be a system for automatic white- or blacklisting of registry entries based on the file they point to, better protection of snapshots against changes by malware, more monitored entries and some fixed small memory leaks (well yes and that ugly graphical glitch, for which Borland has kind of apologized by now ).

The reason for delays... well, just take a look at the current news about Symantec. We would have loved to fix so-called incompatibilities and waited for details... and waited...

And of course we worked on updates for the detection engine itself. The next engine update will nearly double the ways we can use to detect malware.

http://forums.spybot.info/showthread.php?t=7683
    "Either Safer Networking Ltd. or Symantec leaving the Anti Spyware Coalition..."

Hope that helps clarify.
    Microsoft MVP Reconnect 2018-
    Windows Insider MVP 2016-2018
    Microsoft Consumer Security MVP 2006-2016