Thread: Automatic Spybot updates

Default Automatic Spybot updates

Could someone advise if it is possible to have automatic updates.

Sort of,you could have it check for updates when the program starts.If you open Spybot,then click mode->advanced mode->Settings,then click settings below that,then in the right pane scroll down to Web Update,you could try checkmarking 'Search the web for new versions at each program start.'(Take note of the warning after you click that and see if it applies to you.).and 'Download updated include files if available online.'

Spybot Advisor Team [Retired] md usa spybot fan's Avatar

There is also another way that you could try. Schedule a running of Spybot with the following command:
    • "C:\Program Files\Spybot - Search & Destroy\SpybotSD.exe" /autoupdate /autoclose

Or as an alternative:
    • "C:\Program Files\Spybot - Search & Destroy\SpybotSD.exe" /autoupdate /autoclose /taskbarhide

For additional information on scheduling parameters that can be used, see the following:

Getting an answer is one thing, learning is another.

Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition running on a 2.40GHz IntelŪ PentiumŪ 4 Processor with 512 MB of RAM and a 533 MHz System Bus.

Thanks both Zenobia and md usa for your replies. Both seem ever so slightly suck it and see! I had seen previously the command parameters or whatever but I lacked the confidence to go ahead - maybe I will try now, gingerly!