Thread: Browser Helper Object - Value Deleted

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Browser Helper Object - Value Deleted

Hello,

This event occurred while I was visiting these Forums.

At the time I posted a Warning Topic, in the Malware Forum. That Topic was locked. The reason given for locking it was I was already accepting advice from another Forum and I needed to complete that process there rather then post here.

I have now completed the process on the other Forum so I hope it will be deemed appropriate to bring this matter to the attention of those who might need to look into the matter?

If you require specific information other then the following please let me know?

Spybot - Search & Destroy has detected an important registry entry that has been changed.

Category: Browser Helper Object
    Change: Value Deleted
    Entry: { 53707962-6F74-2D53-2644-206D7942484F }

My automatic response, since I didn’t have a clue what was happening, was to “Deny change” & [ v ] Remember this decision & “Deny change” after denying the change several times in a row.

As part of the process on the other Forum to clean my computer I was informed how I dealt with this Resident prompt was inappropriate.

To my logic this would make it a False Positive?

Also, I apologize if this information has already been forwarded to you though other means.

p.s. the issue I was dealing with was SpyAxe.
    Last edited by Oppressed; 2005-12-10 at 22:12.

Okay?

If Spybot wants to delete one of its own necessary parts its not a False Positive???

I guess it thought I didn't need that functionality anymore?

And I should have just agreed? Next time I will do just that!
    Last edited by Oppressed; 2005-12-11 at 00:55.