Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Virtual Antivirus

Default Virtual Antivirus

I finally trashed my XP Panasonic laptop...
    Sent it straight to the dump, with Spybot Search and Destroy, Avast Antivirus, SafeZone Browser, XP Pro, and tons of Sandboxes.
    The last straw... SafeZone Browser would not load Adobe Flash Player, therefore, no video.

This time around I have an HP ENVY with Spybot and Avast Antivirus with SafeZone...
    however; SafeZone will not load videos and shows a "Adobe Flash Player not installed, click(here) to install, message". AFP would
    not install.

First Call:
    A Avast Technician wanted $179.00 US to "correct the problem", which he said was caused by Spybot, and McAfee which came
    preinstalled. The McAfee installation expired but left traces... I uninstalled Spybot and McAfee but the no video problem persisted.

Second call:
    Avast Technician said " the no video in SafeZone is because SafeZone is not a browser ". It is used to secure banking transactions.
    He did not offer any other explanation or correction before he terminated the call.

Hello yelloweye,

Quote Originally Posted by yelloweye View Post
    First Call:
    A Avast Technician wanted $179.00 US to "correct the problem", which he said was caused by Spybot, and McAfee
    Where was the Avast Technician contacted? How did he reach his conclusion and that it would take $179.00 US to "correct the problem".

Second call:
    Avast Technician said " the no video in SafeZone is because SafeZone is not a browser ". It is used to secure banking transactions.
    He did not offer any other explanation or correction before he terminated the call.
    Did you know Avast has a free forum, one topic picked at random: Safezone Browser

Best regards.
    Microsoft MVP Reconnect 2018-
    Windows Insider MVP 2016-2018
    Microsoft Consumer Security MVP 2006-2016

Quote Originally Posted by tashi View Post
    Hello yelloweye,

Where was the Avast Technician contacted? How did he reach his conclusion and that it would take $179.00 US to "correct the problem".

Did you know Avast has a free forum, one topic picked at random: Safezone Browser

Best regards.
    http://www.avast.com/en-ca/support : The $179.00 is for one year unlimited tech support.
    No I did not know about their forum.

Did you catch the message that Avast is no longer using the name "SafeZone Browser"?
    They are saying that it is called "SafeZone" and that it is not a browser" .

Hi yelloweye,

http://www.avast.com/en-ca/support : The $179.00 is for one year unlimited tech support.
    No I did not know about their forum.

Did you catch the message that Avast is no longer using the name "SafeZone Browser"?
    They are saying that it is called "SafeZone" and that it is not a browser" .
    I don't have Avast installed but do see their forums contain a lot of information for their users.

First Call:
    A Avast Technician wanted $179.00 US to "correct the problem", which he said was caused by Spybot, and McAfee
    If accurate as posted I'd like to understand how our software is seen as a problem requiring $$ to resolve?

Best, tashi

Hi yelloweye,

I don't have Avast installed but do see their forums contain a lot of information for their users.

If accurate as posted I'd like to understand how our software is seen as a problem requiring $$ to resolve?

Best, tashi
    On the first call the tech said that the problem, " no video playback in SafeZone ", was caused because " Spybot and McAfee "
    were on my system, he gave no explanation. He ran a program called HitMan Pro which reported " no problems found ". I refused
    the payment and terminated the call. The second called Technician gave no reason for the " no video playback in SafeZone ",
    other than to say that SafeZone is not a browser... So what it seems that they were/are saying is that SpyBot and McAfee
    are the problem for locking out Adobe Flash Player, but " SafeZone is not a browser " even after I uninstalled SpyBot and McAfee
    and Hitman Pro found no problems... I do not know what that means in Virtual terms, what/how virtual " SafeZone " is doing/performing
    as part of a Avast antivirus program.
    Virtual Antivirus...?
    " Virtual Antivirus SafeZone Browser " is what I am looking for.

On the first call the tech said that the problem, " no video playback in SafeZone ", was caused because " Spybot and McAfee "
    were on my system, he gave no explanation. He ran a program called HitMan Pro which reported " no problems found ". I refused
    the payment and terminated the call. The second called Technician gave no reason for the " no video playback in SafeZone ",
    other than to say that SafeZone is not a browser... So what it seems that they were/are saying is that SpyBot and McAfee
    are the problem for locking out Adobe Flash Player, but " SafeZone is not a browser " even after I uninstalled SpyBot and McAfee
    and Hitman Pro found no problems... I do not know what that means in Virtual terms, what/how virtual " SafeZone " is doing/performing
    as part of a Avast antivirus program.
    Virtual Antivirus...?
    " Virtual Antivirus SafeZone Browser " is what I am looking for.
    Anyone can run HitMan Pro.

Other than this how is your computer running?

Anyone can run HitMan Pro.

Other than this how is your computer running?
    The techs also run reg cleaners and other third party Windows cleaners,
    but of course anyone can do that as well.

What part does Spybot play in the Virtual environment, http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Heartbleed ?

USB3 ready, ENVY is quick and clean especially driving a wireless Internet ENVY 4502 $47.00 printer. Windows 8.1
    preinstalled is a bit of a clunker but plenty good enough...
    HP TouchSmart takes some getting used to.
    Last edited by yelloweye; 2014-08-04 at 00:03.

Hello yelloweye,
    The techs also run reg cleaners and other third party Windows cleaners,
    but of course anyone can do that as well.
    Registry Cleaners, not recommended

Was your tech at a call center?

Hello yelloweye,

Registry Cleaners, not recommended

Was your tech at a call center?
    Don't know where they were except somewhere in Canada.
    I gave up on regcleaners years ago.

What about Virtual Spybot? Heartbleed?

Hello yelloweye,

Regarding the heartbleed bug and how to protect yourself see: http://krebsonsecurity.com/2014/04/h...at-can-you-do/

What about Virtual Spybot?
    Please expand on your query, "Virtual Spybot."

Spybot's home page: http://www.safer-networking.org/

Regards.