Thread: Spybot S&D can't update

Default Spybot S&D can't update

When I tried to scan using S&D advanced, I received the following error messages:
    There were problems in the include file C:\Programfiles\spybot-Search and Destroy\includes\Hijackers.sbi See include errors.log for details. Same thing for Trojans. I found this log by going to the tools>view report>view previous report>include errors log, but the info meant nothing to me. So I tried to update S&D. I got the following messages: Detection Rules: Hijackers !!!bad checksum. And the same for Trojans and also for immunization database.

I had been tight on cash so I let my Trend PC-Cillin renewal lapse (yes I know). Since getting the S&D errors, I bought Kaspersky virus protection 6.0, and tried to download Comodo free firewall. The Kaspersky found trojans upon loading and neutralized. However, I can not get Comodo to download even after following their help suggestions, so I tried to download ZoneAlarm Free and it failed as well. I tried scanning with S&D with same results. Tried updating with same results.

Did I get infected by some hacker who is keeping my computer from being able to download S&D and these firewalls, or is there something else I am doing wrong?

At the end of my rope - help please!

Spybot Advisor Team [Retired] md usa spybot fan's Avatar

Please go into Spybot > Help > About. What version of Spybot are you running? What Windows operating system are you running?

If you are running Spybot - Search & Destroy 1.3 and not running on a Windows 95 system, upgrading to Spybot - Search & Destroy 1.4 will probably solve your problem. See:

Getting an answer is one thing, learning is another.

Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition running on a 2.40GHz IntelŪ PentiumŪ 4 Processor with 512 MB of RAM and a 533 MHz System Bus.