Page 13 of 14 FirstFirst ... 391011121314 LastLast

Thread: Announcing betas: TeaTimer / Updater / Vista integration

So I could download 1.4, then upgrade the files to beta, is that correct?

I love the vista integration but what i want in the next beta is much more indepth immunization... i mean its good how it is but more is what i want

does it integrate with winXP too? like Vista?

Quote Originally Posted by paranoid87 View Post
    does it integrate with winXP too? like Vista?
    Well if you read the very first post in this thread, you would have seen this part:
    Quote Originally Posted by PepiMK View Post
    Vista Security Center

The Windows Security Center included with Windows Vista has a dedicated entry for malware protection software.
    Microsoft ships Windows Defender with Vista, however, Spybot-S&D can now easily integrate into the Vista Security Center; which will then monitor if Spybot-S&D is up-to-date and whether the permanent protection (TeaTimer) is running or not.
    This update will only show on Vista systems, since previous Windows versions do not offer anti malware integration into WSC.

Quote Originally Posted by md usa spybot fan View Post
    If anyone is trying to get meaningful information from Spybot's beta tests, the people willing to test must be able to:
    1. Easily determine what the latest beta versions of the various programs are.
    2. Where to download those beta versions.
    3. And how to regress those versions should they run into problems while testing.
    Good points! As a first step, I'll make version numbers easier to find than having to look at file properties. And create a page on the website dedicated to beta information!
    Just remember, love is life, and hate is living death.
    Treat your life for what it's worth, and live for every breath
    (Black Sabbath: A National Acrobat)

Quote Originally Posted by t001z View Post
    Well if you read the very first post in this thread, you would have seen this part:
    Well, lots of folks don't have bunches of time to read multiple pages of each long thread, so they fast forward to see what the latest news is. I think that is a good reason for having all beta release downloads in an obvious and perhaps locked thread. And to have the board's default settings not break threads into so many separate pages. I guess I'm getting old, but it seems far too common nowadays to reply to requests for help by posting a link from some other thread and without saying so in so many words that the person requesting the help is either too lazy or too dim to warrant the favor of a kind response. On the other hand, I do understand, however, that sometimes folks don't even check the FAQs before posting, and I certainly am not condoning that. More often than not, I think it is the tone or attitude of posts that can cause misunderstandings... I've gone off topic. I'm done. Thanks.

Good points! As a first step, I'll make version numbers easier to find than having to look at file properties. And create a page on the website dedicated to beta information!
    You may also want to consider changing the name of the installer to show beta version. 1.5b1, 1.5b2, 1.5b3. Indicating Beta 1, 2, 3. These being the official released betas for testing. So 1.5b3 would be the third released beta test from you.

Well, it's "1.5.1.12 beta" now; might make the next one clearer by using "1.5.1.nn (beta 3)"
    Just remember, love is life, and hate is living death.
    Treat your life for what it's worth, and live for every breath
    (Black Sabbath: A National Acrobat)

Well, it's "1.5.1.12 beta" now; might make the next one clearer by using "1.5.1.nn (beta 3)"
    Internal naming is fine, I was mentioning the actual name of the file we download to install from. So far they have all been called "spybotsd15". Name next "spybot15b3" this way we know we have the latest file prior to download. Though I guess doing this makes it so you have to change HTML on webpage.

Default Anticipation

Quote Originally Posted by greenhatch View Post
    I don't use the Teatimer facility, just the scanner as a backup, once a week; which itself is an excellent program. Incidentally, I found the speed of the scanning noticably faster after the 1.5 beta upgrade.
    I also do not use the Teatimer option but ONLY because the buttons are cut off ive recently gone through to completely perfect my system and the Teatimer would be perfect for my needs but when i enabled it again (as i forgot it was like that) Tons of pop ups for registry changes bombarded me and i quickly disabled it again because even though the registry changes have already been made they still pop up and ask. and going through that many with only 30% of the button visable is a pain... i am eagerly anticipating the fixed Teatimer grafix for XP as i will NEVER switch to vista im scared to know how many of you have.. i wish there was something i could do to help Patrick and the team making the Teatimer FULLY functional again would in my opinion bring it back to the top of the list in anti-spyware software as avg is very limited in freeware and seems to detect alot of the good stuff and not enough of the bad stuff where SBSAD reigns supreme