Page 10 of 14 FirstFirst ... 67891011121314 LastLast

Thread: Announcing betas: TeaTimer / Updater / Vista integration

The last month has been mostly discussing and waiting for MS to make the Vista certification requirements more secure against malware. We've agreed in theory now, I'm just waiting for the final adjusted testing steps.
    It probably wouldn't make sense to release a win95-compatible beta just a week or two before that, when the "Vista version" will be a "95 to Vista" version actually (not sure where to put the side-projects like Wine & ReactOS ) and include the Win95 compatibility as well
    Just remember, love is life, and hate is living death.
    Treat your life for what it's worth, and live for every breath
    (Black Sabbath: A National Acrobat)

Quote Originally Posted by PepiMK View Post
    The last month has been mostly discussing and waiting for MS to make the Vista certification requirements more secure against malware. We've agreed in theory now, I'm just waiting for the final adjusted testing steps.
    Thank you, that's exactly what I wanted to know!

Quote Originally Posted by noel-pr7 View Post
    hopefully yes. in the meantime, here's the link to the updated spybotsd.exe 1.41 beta file which should run under Win95:
    http://www.safer-networking.org/file...sd141pefix.zip
    extract the spybotsd.exe file from the .zip file onto the folder where you installed the Spybot S&D software and overwrite the existing version with the newer one.

it would be nice if there was a 1.5 beta version of the spybotsd.exe main application file available for beta testing.
    It works Thanks

Is there any timescale for the final release of Spybot S&D version 1.5?
    What if love's intolerable pain never leaves us?
    Do we dash our bleeding hearts on the rocks of loneliness?
    And cry unto the lords above who turn away in haste?
    MY DYING BRIDE

Quote Originally Posted by FAUST View Post
    Is there any timescale for the final release of Spybot S&D version 1.5?
    Sorry no, when ready it will be announced.
    Microsoft MVP Reconnect 2018-
    Windows Insider MVP 2016-2018
    Microsoft Consumer Security MVP 2006-2016

Default Church Designer appreciates your program

Thanks for your program. I design websites for churches and get asked a lot about antivirus and spyware. It's great to know you all are trusted and your software works great!

Quote Originally Posted by tashi View Post
    Sorry no, when ready it will be announced.
    Please fix the following problem: If I denied a change of an installer, it ends up in a loop telling me "change denied" and then I see 4-7 windows with the same message,l this doesn#t happen in xp pro and xp pro 54bit.

Thanks in advance

Hello, I installed the Beta TeaTimer and the Beta Rules with the updater, is the detection engine update aswell ?

Spybot Advisor Team [Retired] md usa spybot fan's Avatar

Smile

Med365:

Yes and no (it was updated two months ago).

The "Scanning engine" referred to on 2006-12-04 by PepiMK in the first post of this topic is the advcheck.dll.

Quote Originally Posted by PepiMK View Post

Scanning engine

This update cannot be disabled in the download package below; it is not only used if you install TeaTimer, but by the main Spybot-S&D scanner as well. The methods available to detect malware have been more than doubled, including new ways to generically detect malware mutations.
    The new advcheck.dll was released in January 2007 and you have probably already picked it up as a regular (non-beta) update as the following item:
    • Advanced detection library 1.5.1 - !Advanced detection routines update (293 KB) - 2007-01-16

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Note: To use the "ßDetection rules (beta)" you must go into Spybot > Mode > Advanced mode > Settings > File Sets and check the following item:
    • Beta.sbi - For internal testing of new stuff only

Getting an answer is one thing, learning is another.

Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition running on a 2.40GHz Intel® Pentium® 4 Processor with 512 MB of RAM and a 533 MHz System Bus.

Can someone summarize the files and version numbers that are included with the
    sbsdtools15beta.exe download?

My current advcheck.dll version is 1.2.1.0, and my Teatimer version is 1.5.0.0.

Would it be possible in the future to include the Teatimer version number in the Teatimer "about" info, that appears when you right click on the icon?