Page 5 of 14 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

Thread: Announcing betas: TeaTimer / Updater / Vista integration

according to this Windows Vista Team Blog page, Windows Vista will be available to the public at the end of January 2007.

Default Repeated "registry changed allowed" messages

Since installing the spyware 1.5 beta, changing any "do it on next boot" setting causes TeaTimer to repeatedly keep posting the "registry change allowed" messages on the desktop. It keeps stacking the notifications on top of each other and doesn't stop generating them until I turn off resident protection. It slows the system to a crawl!

This did NOT happen before installing the beta. This change occurs when, for example, you set chkdsk to run at boot for a drive that cannot be checked when the system is running.

The system is Windows XP, SP2 with all available updates installed.
    Last edited by tashi; 2006-12-29 at 20:10. Reason: Moved from Spybot-S&D Beta to Tools Beta topic

Default Spybots 1.5 stops for a long time before showing the problems

I noted that the new version stops for a long time when it finishes the bot check: the program seems to stop and shows the green bar full filled and the phrase "(54634/54634:ZlobZcodec)" for nearly or for more time it used to do the check, before showing the results of the scan, while in the version 1.4 the results were shown immediately after.
    Is it its normal behaviour or a bug?

Thanks in advance - Simon

Default I've found the reason

Quote Originally Posted by Simon_owl View Post
    I noted that the new version stops for a long time when it finishes the bot check: the program seems to stop and shows the green bar full filled and the phrase "(54634/54634:ZlobZcodec)" for nearly or for more time it used to do the check, before showing the results of the scan, while in the version 1.4 the results were shown immediately after.
    Is it its normal behaviour or a bug?
    I've found the problem - If you set the program to scan download directories, during the check of these folders no info message is generated and the last one (relative to the last bot check) is shown.
    I think it could be considered a bug, anyway.

Question TeaTimer with Spybot 1.3

Hi,

Due the visual glitch with Teatime on Spybot 1.4, I was using Spybot v 1.3. I was working like that for the last couple of years, but I now I decided to try the new Teatimer Beta.

I installed Spybot Tools and now the problem is that everytime I delete an entry from the "System Startup" section (under tools) Teatimer is not giving alerts anymore. If I set some application to run on startup, TeaTimer won't alert me anymore! Is this a bug or something?

Thank you & Regards.

@Simon_owl: well yes and no, that option was never intended to be used much, but you're right, it's confusing.

@mcclausky: could you check if the Includes folder includes the necessary RegWatch.sbs?
    And also how many files are inside C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Spybot - Search & Destroy\Snapshots2\?
    Just remember, love is life, and hate is living death.
    Treat your life for what it's worth, and live for every breath
    (Black Sabbath: A National Acrobat)

Quote Originally Posted by PepiMK View Post
    @Simon_owl: well yes and no, that option was never intended to be used much, but you're right, it's confusing.

@mcclausky: could you check if the Includes folder includes the necessary RegWatch.sbs?
    And also how many files are inside C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Spybot - Search & Destroy\Snapshots2\?

Yes, the include folder has the file RegWatch.sbs (6.43Kb 10/1/2006)

And, the are zero files in the Snapshots2 folder.

6,43k & the date look like the real file. But in Snapshots2, there should be about fifty files or more.
    Does the Logs folder contain files? I remember something about user access rights - when you first started Spybot as a limited user, it would create the AppData folder with access rights only for that user or something like that (an empty Logs folder as well would indicate that nothing can be written there). For 1.5, I've updated the code so that if you run Spybot with any admin account, it'll fix those rights automatically if necessary.

Btw @ all: the updates for TeaTimer & AdvCheck and a new tools.dll update are available as beta through the integrated function now.

Question Missing Betas?

Quote Originally Posted by PepiMK View Post
    Btw @ all: the updates for TeaTimer & AdvCheck and a new tools.dll update are available as beta through the integrated function now.
    Hi, I'm new here. I recently found out about Spybot and really like it! However, in regards to this quote PepiMK...I just did an update today and did NOT get notified about the beta updates. Checking the log file, all that happened was the info file downloads. Soooo???
    I wouldn't have even known about the betas except I just happened to find your post on securitycadets.com
    I've downloaded the beta installer manually and am looking forward to installing it as the TeaTime window glitch IS a problem.
    Last edited by kailasa108; 2007-01-09 at 09:48. Reason: redundant wording

You need to switch to Advanced Mode, go to the settings page, and enable beta updates to be able to see them when you're looking for updates