Page 6 of 14 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 ... LastLast

Thread: Announcing betas: TeaTimer / Updater / Vista integration

Quote Originally Posted by PepiMK View Post
    6,43k & the date look like the real file. But in Snapshots2, there should be about fifty files or more.
    Does the Logs folder contain files? I remember something about user access rights - when you first started Spybot as a limited user, it would create the AppData folder with access rights only for that user or something like that (an empty Logs folder as well would indicate that nothing can be written there). For 1.5, I've updated the code so that if you run Spybot with any admin account, it'll fix those rights automatically if necessary.

Btw @ all: the updates for TeaTimer & AdvCheck and a new tools.dll update are available as beta through the integrated function now.
    Well today Snapshots2 folder contains 2 .reg files and one TimeStamps.ini file.

The Logs folder contains several .log and txt files.

And regarding the user access rights,I have admin privileges.

Default New engine

I am downloading the Beta Engine....will I have to download ALL the previous updates too, or will just downloading the latest one bring it up to date? Thank you !!

Default Win95A, no luck

No luck here with Win95A. We still get the errors:
    Spybotsd.exe is linked to missing export user32.dll:endmenu
    A device attached to the system is not functioning.

I believe this is the oldest version of win95:
    4.00.950a
    IE 5.50.4807.2300

Default Extreme slowdown

Since installing the beta versions Spybot is now almost unusable as scan time has gone from approximatly 10 minutes to over 2 hours!

Has anyone else the same problem as mcclausky (I might have to think about a way to get more debug output from that)? I'm trying to decide whether to put TeaTimer public tomorrow or not

advcheck.dll and tools.dll will do so for sure btw, and we may have another file available for beta asap.

@Faust: what kind of hardware?

@unclebobee: I think that was answered in another topic just two days ago Updates are not always full updates, but a combination of about a dozen files... whatever you need will be displayed during the update.

@Cebii: SpybotSD.exe itself is not yet updated to run on Win95 again (well, only on our machines here ), the updates did include only TeaTimer so far.
    Just remember, love is life, and hate is living death.
    Treat your life for what it's worth, and live for every breath
    (Black Sabbath: A National Acrobat)

Esteemed Member

I have a different issue I've discovered that I can duplicate on my Windows 2000 Professional system.

If I change the Home Page in IE 6 I get the TeaTimer Browser page, Value changed dialog for the Start Page with the correct Old and New Data as expected. However, when I try to Allow the change, the dialog re-appears after a couple seconds and this loop continues until I exit TeaTimer. The same happens whether I try to Allow or Deny the change.

I then attempted a change to the Search Page using the Spybot S&D Tools, Browser pages entry to change it to the default from the value created by SBC/Yahoo and the same issue occurs.

If this is repeatable, I don't understand why no one else has reported it yet.

Bitman

Maybe we've hidden betas too well?

The new separated updater application that may be available next more clearly shows about betas:

Of course with the same warning dialog if users enable it, and using the main settings from the Spybot-S&D settings dialog as a default.

(and should someone wonder why its getting a separate application: 1. because this absolutely requires admin rights, which shouldn't be in a main application executable that may run with lesser rights, second to make scheduled updates faster and easier, and third to make the main app smaller, thus faster and using less memory)

Anyway, I won't make the TeaTimer beta available today as public for another reason (got some memory handling tweaks in mind I want to try this weekend), so I can test that in IE 6 as well.

The two DLLs are currently being uploaded though and manual updaters for them will follow on the website as well asap.

Default re: extreme slowdown

@Faust: what kind of hardware?
    Athlon XP 2400+
    1Gb RAM
    55GB & 114GB HD's
    Windows 2000 pro sp4
    Last edited by FAUST; 2007-01-12 at 14:01.

Default UpDayes

Thank you for the update info....as I now understand it, when I download the updates, it will check what I have and fill in the rest ? Thank you !!

@Faust: seems to be the same thing as discussed here I think... should've looked deeper into it before making it public

Btw, I guess I'll move this topic into the beta subforum, since its about beta mostly