Page 8 of 14 FirstFirst ... 456789101112 ... LastLast

Thread: Announcing betas: TeaTimer / Updater / Vista integration

Quote Originally Posted by PepiMK View Post
    I was working on both problems, and they were probably related
    Could you please close TeaTimer and replace the executable inside the C:\Program Files\Spybot - Search & Destroy\ folder with the one from this teatimer1503.zip, and try again?
    Hello,
    this is my first post in your forum and I would like to say at first THX for developing this useful freeware!

I tested 150-3 but after replacing tt-exe, the S&D-activity-icon in the task-bar disappeared [XP-SP2], also after rebooting. After deleting the file and reinstalling the first beta-version, the icon is back again. Is this a bug?

Greetings from good old germany, nOI-IOn

Btw, the public beta of Norton360 "warned" me and suggested the deinstallation of S&D... LOL
    Last edited by nOInfectIOn; 2007-01-22 at 13:28.

There is a problem with TeaTimer when run by multiple users in XP and you use Switch User rather than logging out as one user and logging in as another - it causes the PC to spontaneously reboot. It seems that TT doesn't like multiple instances running.

I originally posted about this probelm in this thread where Bitman advised I try the latest beta version which I have done but the problem still persists.

Actually I did recently test concurrent user sessions on Windows Vista.
    And while I experienced user switching to fail even without TeaTimer on one machine (where the reboot on user switching happened ALWAYS, with or without TeaTimer running), it passed the past successfully otherwise.

I'll test again on my Vista machine that's set up to the official testing guidelines before submitting this post...
    Tested, works quite fine, I've switched a dozen times between two users both running TeaTimer, sometimes having TeaTimer dialogs open...

Are you sure this happens only when TeaTimer is open?
    Just remember, love is life, and hate is living death.
    Treat your life for what it's worth, and live for every breath
    (Black Sabbath: A National Acrobat)

@Reggie Stry: any more progress? I would love to fix your problem, but without any feedback and no one else reporting about it, I'll have to close this case then.

@nOInfectIOn: the 360 beta did this as well???

And had you tried to run just enable TeaTimer again after replacing?
    You can start it manually, or using the Tools->Resident section in Spybot.

the 360 beta did this as well???
    And had you tried to run just enable TeaTimer again after replacing?

@PepiMK

S&D:
    You asked and of course I made a second test and did my very best... but same procedure as last time ( ).The activity-icon disappeared after replacing tt-exe 1,5,0,0 (Freitag, 24. November 2006, 13:30:00) [included in sbstools15beta-exe] with tt-exe 1,5,0,3 (Donnerstag, 18. Januar 2007, 00:13:56). First I tried to restart the icon by (un/on)checking the tt-box in "Advanced mode" --> "Tools" --> "Resident" which didnīt work and after that I rebooted my beloved machine and checked et cetera --> the same result as described. But "System Startup" shows HK_CU:Run S&D,tt-exe enabled... it is only the icon, which is missing.
    After deleting tt-exe and reinstalling sbstools15beta-exe and restarting S&D --> "Resident", the activity-icon was back again and no reboot was needed therefore.
    [OEM-XP-SP2; Intel Pentium IV; 2,67GHz; 512 MB RAM; all with Windows-Update available Patches and Updates installed]

Symantec:
    Yes, while I was installing public beta of Norton360 there was a popup with a warning, that the program is not able to work perfect with this freeware-neighbour on same HD, something like that...

noi-

Quote Originally Posted by nOInfectIOn View Post
    The activity-icon disappeared after replacing tt-exe 1,5,0,0 (Freitag, 24. November 2006, 13:30:00) [included in sbstools15beta-exe] with tt-exe 1,5,0,3 (Donnerstag, 18. Januar 2007, 00:13:56). First I tried to restart the icon by (un/on)checking the tt-box in "Advanced mode" --> "Tools" --> "Resident" which didnīt work and after that I rebooted my beloved machine and checked et cetera --> the same result as described. But "System Startup" shows HK_CU:Run S&D,tt-exe enabled... it is only the icon, which is missing.
    After deleting tt-exe and reinstalling sbstools15beta-exe and restarting S&D --> "Resident", the activity-icon was back again and no reboot was needed therefore.
    @PepiMK
    I was able to reproduce exactly the same result on my holy laptop (...normally the opposite of playground, but I wanted to know, if this is a machine-specific problem )

Fully updated S&D 1.4... then Beta 1.5.0.0... then tt 1.5.0.3: Bingo, activity-icon disappears... then deleting tt-exe and reinstalling of Beta 1.5.0.0: icon back again - q.e.d.
    noi-

the 360 beta did this as well???
    --> http://forums.norton.com/norton360be...ssage&q=spybot
    (snapshot from today)
    noi-

Default REply

PepiMK: I got a message before installing Norton 360 Beta saying you had to uninstall Spybot before installing N360. I skipped this, however, I juste wanted to let you know that that message came up for me too.
    UNITE
    Unified Network of Instructors and Trained Eliminators

ASAP
    Alliance of Security Analysis Professionals™

@nOInfectIOn: thank you very much for testing it on holy ground
    Could you try this version as well? Took me a bit longer than expected, but I've integrated a new reporting mechanism that'll react on crashes (much like Windows Error Reporting on XP and Vista, but working on all Windows versions and including a bit more useful information ; )).

I've integrated a new reporting mechanism that'll react on crashes.
    Crash-reaction, that sounds interesting! But everything is working fine...
    With this update the activity-icon-behaviour has returned to normal - on both machines... sorry for that