Thread: Spybot Automation

Default Spybot Automation

Hello,

I'm trying to automate a scan for my company so I can just email users with a link/batch file that will automatically scan their machine and send a report to me. I know how to get the scan to automate and be silent (/taskbarhide /autoclose /autocheck /autofix), but I don't see any information about generating a log to a specific file and then emailing it to myself. I know that a Fixes.date.time file is created in C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Spybot - Search & Destroy\Logs, but is there anyway to make it output to a specifiable location?

Or can anyone tell me if the time on the Fixes file is the time when the scan started or finished?

Hello,

Please run Spybot - Search & Destroy and switch to the Advanced mode via the menu item Mode.
    Now select 'Settings' - 'Settings' from the navigation bar on the left.
    There you will find many options to automate Spybot - Search and Destroy.

Furthermore, here is a FAQ about what command line parameters are available: http://www.safer-networking.org/en/faq/30.html

But please remain that Spybot Search and Destroy is only free for the private use.
    The license agreement is available on: http://www.safer-networking.org/en/p..._license1.html

Corporate users need to purchase a license.
    Some more information is available on www.safer-networking.ie.

Using Spybot Search and Destroy on a corporate environment without a license is illegal.

Best regards
    Sandra
    Team Spybot

Oh, and the corporate version allows things like setting up an administrator email address to send reports to, central configuration of schedules which can - thanks to a small stub on the client - be updated by just changing things on the server, etc.
    Just remember, love is life, and hate is living death.
    Treat your life for what it's worth, and live for every breath
    (Black Sabbath: A National Acrobat)

sandra: I was aware of the command-line switches (as evident in my post) and the advanced mode settings are of no use to me.

I am aware of the licensing issues, this is just a test to see if the idea is feasible in this environment. I will refer the issue of licensing to my supervisor (I am only an intern).

PepiMK: I was not aware that there was a different corporate version. The administrator email is much more efficient than the current hack I have of copying the logs to a public network drive.

Is there a page somewhere detailing any other differences in the corporate version?

Esteemed Member

Spybotsandra referenced the Corporate info in her post above.
    Quote Originally Posted by spybotsandra View Post

There is even a Demo version of the Intranet server to try out.

Quote Originally Posted by spybotsandra View Post
    Hello,

Please run Spybot - Search & Destroy and switch to the Advanced mode via the menu item Mode.
    Now select 'Settings' - 'Settings' from the navigation bar on the left.
    There you will find many options to automate Spybot - Search and Destroy.

Furthermore, here is a FAQ about what command line parameters are available: http://www.safer-networking.org/en/faq/30.html

But please remain that Spybot Search and Destroy is only free for the private use.
    The license agreement is available on: http://www.safer-networking.org/en/p..._license1.html

Using Spybot Search and Destroy on a corporate environment without a license is illegal.

Best regards
    Sandra
    Team Spybot
    I run a small business and have looked over the license of many of these kinds of things. I still use this product simply because the license looked ok. So a quick question. Is it ok to use this product on my customers systems or not? Since the license was one of the few that looked ok.

Hello,

Do you charge anything for installing our software?

Best regards
    Sandra
    Team Spybot

No of course not. The software is free. When I install it I pass it on for free.

Hello,

If you install Spybot - Search & Destroy on computers you sell your service, you should calculate this as a service to your customer.
    You are not allowed to charge your customer for the program.

As the program adds a value to the computer, you can ask your users/customers to donate to the cause of Spybot Search & Destroy.
    We feel that a donation of $2 to $4 for each system is fair.

Best regards
    Sandra
    Team Spybot

Ah I see. Well I have to deal with so many others in the area that although I do run a legit shop I don't see the business I used to. Due to this for over a year now I have been seriously considering closing my shop. I have also lowered my fee for cleaning systems just to try and stay affloat.

I have always used this product so if you decide I own some money for that I will do my best to pay it. However in light of your statements I can see I will have to stop using it. I will no longer develope my specialized barts pe plugin. And I will no longer recommend it to my customers. There are other things that work better I just liked SBSD because it would still clean things the others wont do any more.

I'm truly sorry for this. And for your responce. I do understand your position though.

Let me know if you decide I own something. I will gladly pay it. Thanks for the usage of it over the years.