Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: dropper.ragger

Spybot Advisor Team [Retired] md usa spybot fan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Bill_Slayer View Post
    ... Unfortunately,after the reboot it still informs me that a registry entry has been denied.
    What is "it"in "... it still informs ..."?

If "it" is TeaTimer than you may have added the change to that registry entry to "Blocked registry changes" by using the "Remember this decision" on some previous change to that registry entry. If you checked "Remember this decision" on a change, the information concerning that change it is stored in a file. TeaTimer uses that information to automatically "Allow" or "Deny" changes. To edit this information:[LIST]Right click on the TeaTimer system tray icon and select Settings. This will bring up TeaTimer's "White & Black List". There are four (4) Buttons across the top of the "White & Black List":
    • Allowed registry changes
    • Blocked registry changes
    • Allowed processes
    • Blocked processes

You can review all the entries that you have stored by clicking on these buttons. The entries that you should review are in " Blocked registry changes".

Getting an answer is one thing, learning is another.

Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition running on a 2.40GHz IntelŪ PentiumŪ 4 Processor with 512 MB of RAM and a 533 MHz System Bus.

Spybot SD Resident informs me...we are talking about the same thing
    So what should I do/review to fix the problem?
    Last edited by Bill_Slayer; 2007-09-15 at 11:11.

You must remove the entry from "Blocked registry changes" that is causing the registry change to be denied. You can delete entries by clicking on the scripted black "X" to the right of the entry that you want to delete, answering "Yes" to the confirmation dialog and then clicking the "OK" button when you're done.

Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition running on a 2.40GHz IntelŪ PentiumŪ 4 Processor with 512 MB of RAM and a 533 MHz System Bus.

I did what you say and i'm going to reboot in a moment.Just tell me,is this a threat or spybo'ts false alarm?

I rebooted my pc and here is the result:
    Now what should I choose?

Allow the RunOnce value to be deleted.

Hey man thanks a lot!I also searched another forum and someone said that wextract_cleanup0 is a microsoft cleanup tool running because of an error during the installation of a program or something happened with windows update.Anyway I chose allow and now spybot didn't find dropper.dragger.thanks again especially to you and spybotsandra