Thread: Scan Logs

Default Scan Logs

I ran a scan today and then viewed reports and it was there. However, when I went into the log file on my C drive under Spybot, it showed all the scans of previous dates, but not this last one.

Spybot Advisor Team [Retired] md usa spybot fan's Avatar

I personally have never experienced a failure to record the log of the scan in one of the following folders:
    • Windows 95 or 98:
      C:\Windows\Application Data\Spybot - Search & Destroy\Logs
    • Windows ME:
      C:\Windows\All Users\Application Data\Spybot - Search & Destroy\Logs
    • Windows NT, 2000 or XP:
      C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Spybot - Search & Destroy\Logs

By default here are two Checks.yymmdd-hhmm.log files produced during a scan. The first Checks.yymmdd-hhmm.log file is created when the scan starts and is updated when the scan completes. The second Checks.yymmdd-hhmm.log file has the details of what the scan found. A Fixes.yymmdd-hhmm.log file is produced if you fix or attempt to fix something.

To make sure that the settings in Spybot still indicate to produce these default scan logs:
    • Go into Spybot > Mode > Advanced mode > Settings > Settings.
    • About 3/4 of the way down the option tree there is a category "Log file settings".
    • Verify that the "Log file settings" are set as follows:
      • Log file settings
        ■ Write complete check details to debug file Checks.txt
        ■ Write complete fixing details to debug file Fixes.txt
        ■ Include date and time in debug filename (Checks.yymmdd-hhnn.txt).
        □ Overwrite log file if existent (else append to it).

Also, are you aware that if you are viewing a list of files in a folder with Windows Explorer that new files are added to the bottom of the list regardless of the sort order of that list?

Getting an answer is one thing, learning is another.

Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition running on a 2.40GHz IntelŪ PentiumŪ 4 Processor with 512 MB of RAM and a 533 MHz System Bus.