hi everyone - AGAIN. (sigh).

ok, so this time i'm having serious problems....it started a couple of days ago and has gotten progressively worse. i used a file sharing program (i know, i know...)...

so my computer started running really slow...then yesterday it stopped letting me click on some of the folders in my "my computer" area - namely, the cd player. i mean, it lets me click on it, but nothing happens. then tonight it started acting really weird - when i go to my music folder, i can usually double click a song and it'll bring up my winap music player and play the file. it won't anymore. then, after my winamp player stopped altogether a couple of times, i tried to click on its icon to reopen it, but i just got a dialogue box that said that it's a shortcut & gave me its properties. then tonight it started running REALLY slow again and just restarted for no reason. when it restarted, there was a dialogue box that said, "system has recovered from a serious error" and it said it was sending a report and had some error codes (i wrote them down if you need to see them).

i ran a panda scan but didn't find anything. i'm running kaspersky right now - trendmicro won't even run for me (the online virus scan). what should i do?? i did a google search and found that other people have gotten the same message & had the same symptoms, but i didn't see any solutions...

please help! (i promise to stop using file sharing, but in all fairness, my roommate is to blame). thank you!!