Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Yet another SpyAxe problem...

I have noticed that if I run Spybot again (in regular - not safe - mode), it says there is still an instance of SmitFraud that can't be removed because it is in memory (use). What should I do about this?

Security Expert-Emeritus

Looks good

Give it a day or two then post back and let us know if all is still ok please.

Hey Lonny,

Just checking in - my computer is definitely no longer slowed down, and I no longer that that popup notification that my computer has been infected, and that SpyAxe will fix it. However, when I run Spybot, I still find one instance of SmitFraud there...it once again says that it cannot be fixed, since the process is in memory (use). Even when I have Spybot run immediately after a reboot, the instance of SmitFraud is still there. Is this something I need to worry about?

Thanks.

Security Expert-Emeritus

Hi

Its actualy nothing to worry about but can be taken care of with winhelps del domains inf file.
    Use winhelp2002's DelDomains.inf , found here
    http://www.mvps.org/winhelp2002/restricted.htm
    Afterward's you will need to immunize again in SpyBot and re-protect again with SpywareBlaster. or re-install iespyadds if you use it.

Security Expert-Emeritus

Im Glad we could help
    Since the problems are solved Im going to close the topic now, this keeps others with similar problems from posting there logs/question here, they should start a new topic.
    If you should need to post another log for the same PC let me know.