Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Spybot results

Default Ok, done!

Thanks again for your time and advice, Zenobia. Hope you're having a Merry Christmas!

You're welcome.Thanks,I'm having a great Christmas. Hope you're having a Merry Christmas,too.

Default Failed fix

Hi Xenobia, or anyone else who can help. I ran Spybot today and found a usage track that couldn't be fixed. I was told I needed to restart with Spybot at startup, which I did a couple of times but the track refused to go. This is the track I found in the green results under Log:

Activity: SchedLgU.Txt C:\WINDOWS\SchedLgU.Txt
    It's listed as a Backup file.

Should I be concerned if I can't remove this usage track?

I'm hoping that my results are cleaner next week when I run Spybot, because I've now tightened up my security settings.

Hi. I used to get that,too.This will explain why SchedLgU.Txt isn't being fixed:
    http://www.spybot.info/en/faq/6.html
    I always just used to put that into the single ignore list.If you'd like to do that,after the scan,click the plus sign next to the green Log entry.Then
    click on the SchedLgU.txt entry with your mouse,so it's highlighted,then rightclick and select Exclude this detection from further searches.

Default Scheduler

What a great resource these forums are! Instead of reinventing the wheel, I get the benefit of your vast experience, Zenobia.

I think I get it about the Scheduler. II have a weekly reminer in my calendar that says when to manually run Spybot.

Tell me if this is ok: I went to the Scheduler feature in Spybot and selected Remove. As I understand it, the Scheduler will no longer function. Will that remove it from my RAM? I also made a point of Excluding SchedLgU.txt from future scans.

Selecting remove in Scheduler in Spybot will remove Spybot's scheduled scan,that you had set up,but it will not disable your task scheduler.Scheduler in Spybot helps you to set up a scheduled scan in Scheduled Tasks,on your computer.You can see Scheduled Tasks if you click Start, click All Programs, point to Accessories, point to System Tools, and then click Scheduled Tasks.

In your case,it sounds as if you were using task scheduler to schedule a scan with Spybot,so I'd suggest leaving task scheduler enabled.Excluding SchedLgU.txt from future scans should be good.hth.

Thumbs up Scheduler

Well, I didn't have any spybot scan scheduled before, but I did select Remove in the Scheduler. I assume that no harm is done with it like that. I can't see a way to unremove it, except to set up a scan schedule which I don't want to do. And SchedLgU.txt has been excluded.

Found the Scheduled Tasks list, thanks Zenobia. Noticed Symantec's LiveUpdate was still operating, so I disabled it (I'm running avast! now).

Once again, thanks for all your help. I think i'm ok now.
    Last edited by Benzmum; 2006-12-30 at 01:23.

Okay,I thought you had a scheduled scan for Spybot set up,where you selected Remove in Spybot's scheduler,sorry about that.That's right,no harm done if you didn't have a scheduled scan for Spybot set up.
    You're welcome.