Thread: Trojan.Horst question

Default Trojan.Horst question

I posted a question about why I'd found Trojan.Horst on my computer. Before anyone answered, I noted that Norton had finally said it had deleted the virus. I'd be grateful if someone could tell me why I got it in the first place when Norton A/V was supposed to be protecting me. I was set up for Norton's LiveUpdate to run daily.

Here's the link back to my log:
    http://forums.spybot.info/showthread.php?t=9673

Also, with IE 7, can someone tell me where to find a simple explanation of what features to turn off and on in order to maintain security. I find the options under privacy, for example, are different from IE 6. I used Jason's Toolbox to set up IE 6, but things are no longer the same with version 7.

Security Expert-Emeritus

Hi

So no problems now ?

that symantec writeup was new for this month, perhaps that is why it had a hard time with it at first.
    ie7 security
    http://www.mvps.org/winhelp2002/restricted.htm#Setting
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Microsoft MVP Windows-Security 2006

Default Norton & IE 7

Thanks for your response, Lonny. Yes, I figured the LiveUpdate install for Trojan.Horst must have come through after the bug appeared. For the record, I've switched over to avast!, even though my Symantec subscription is good until next year. I just don't trust them anymore since they've discontinued support for the subscription they sold me last summer.

And thanks for IE settings page. Zenobia had pointed me at that, as well, and it's a big help. Hope you're having a Merry Christmas.

Security Expert-Emeritus

Im Glad we could help

Have a good Holiday season.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Microsoft MVP Windows-Security 2006