Thread: Tea Timer prob with multiple accounts?

Default Tea Timer prob with multiple accounts?

Hello

I have an XP-Pro system with 5 accounts 1 admin and 4 limited user accounts for family members.

I have installed SBS&S (including Tea–Timer) on the admin account and as I expected it has migrated and updated to the limited user accounts.

However If I boot the limited user accounts and check the process list tea-timer does not appear in the list or system tray for the limited accounts, just the admin account.

How can I make sure Tea-Timer runs in the limited accounts, these are the most likely accounts to pick up infections and I want to protect them fully.

Thanks

Peter

Hello Again

I have viewed the link and followed the instructions but still tea-timer only occurs when logged on to the master/admin account. The process doesnt show in the process list or the system tray on any of the secondary / limited user accounts.

Is another alternative to temporarily give the secondary accounts admin status and install versions to every account?

Or is there something else that anyone can come up with to get tea-timer working across all accounts?

Thanks

Peter

Sorry for late reply,I fried my keyboard ,so it's a bit difficult getting anything done.
    Yes,you could try temporarily giving each account admin status,but you shouldn't need to install Spybot separately on each account.I'm not sure why Teatimer wouldn't activate on the limited accounts,I was able to activate it on my computer in a limited account.(XP Home).Do you have Spybot 1.4?I thought I remembered there being problems with activating Teatimer on limited accounts with Spybot 1.3,but a search didn't turn up anything.

Thanks for the response. In the morning I will try giving them all admin rights and then see if tea-timer boots... If not I will install on each account, then remove admin rights and see if that works.

Short of that I will have to look elsewhere I guess, it's the limited accounts that need the realtime protection the most!

Cheers

Peter

You're welcome. Some say limited accounts are safer,but it'd still be a good idea to have Teatimer on them:
    http://windows.about.com/od/security/a/why_limited.htm
    Temporarily giving the accounts admin status should work,I think.
    The first time Spybot is run on each account the wizard runs,to set up immunization,etc. for that user.But if you mean you want to download and install Spybot on each account,I don't think that's a good idea.
    Spybot puts quite a few of it's files in All Users.(On XP the path is, C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Spybot - Search & Destroy).So to download and install on each account shouldn't be necessary.
    Last edited by Zenobia; 2006-12-27 at 01:12.

I meant to add above,if teatimer doesn't automatically come on when changing the account to admin,try making sure Teatimer is still checked under tools-> resident.

Ok, setting everybody to admin allowed me to change the autoboot tea-time and have it work, and it is still ok after I chang them back to limited accounts, so thanks for that

It has raised one other question though... I also want to auto update signatutes etc. Now I can see where to select this in settings but am I right in assuming that I will also have to select run SBS&D at boot time as well for this to take place... or is Tea-Timer capable of handling this as a task on its own?

Cheers

Peter

You're welcome.
    Have a look here about auto updates:
    http://forums.spybot.info/showthread.php?t=9117