Thread: FULL COMPATIBILITY: Windows XP Professional x64-bit Edition

Exclamation FULL COMPATIBILITY: Windows XP Professional x64-bit Edition

Hello, my name is Dustyn (AKA:Dusty)

I'm a Premium member of DSLR.

I have a question or two about Spybot S&D 1.4.
    In particular how "compatible" it Spybot running under Windows XP Professional x64-bit Edition. My main concern is in the way Spybot S&D "immunizes" XP64?

Does it do it effectively, and correctly?

My concerns stem from my post at DSLR which you can read here: http://www.dslreports.com/forum/remark,17516898 in the way another product IESPYAD, FAILS to protect your system because of how two key Microsoft Internet Explorer registry entry settings are different in XP64/2003 Server than in XP32. This causes IESPYAD to create the original registry entries for XP32, but is useless under XP64 as none of the correct Restricted Sites are listed in IE7.

Is Spybot S&D 1.4 fully compatible with XP64/2003 Server?
    I know the scans and that seem to work, but I'm talking more about the immunization.

Windows XP64 is slightly different than the regular XP32, and I'm worried that immunizing my XP64 won't work?

Thanks,
    Please take a look at that hyperlink I posted to help in clarifying my concerns with Spybot S&D.

Actually it's not only XP 64 bit, but also about Vista. And then, on both, it depends whether you use the 32 bit IE or the 64 bit IE version Usually people will probably still use the 32 bit IE version on their 64 bit windows, since it's even behind the quickbar icon... and many BHOs (Google Toolbar or whatever - just as an example) are available on for the 32 bit version. Spybot-S&D itself though can immunize both; not sure if already in 1.4, can't check that today
    Just remember, love is life, and hate is living death.
    Treat your life for what it's worth, and live for every breath
    (Black Sabbath: A National Acrobat)

Lightbulb

Thanks for the reply PepiMK.
    I realize that it's not "just" about XP64, but also... Vista as well. This thread however was just concerning primarily XP64 as I'm not familiar with Vista and I only own XP64.
    I understand that IE7-64-bit is another story but my concearns were with IE7-32-bit imunization, the proper placing of the restricted sites list with Spybot.

If Spybot S&D 1.4 handles both, then I guess I have no further concearns!

Again, thank you for your time!