Thread: IMMUNIZE - 6 ADDTN'L Protections Avail. (can never get)

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default IMMUNIZE - 6 ADDTN'L Protections Avail. (can never get)

OS = Windows ME
    Each and every time, without fail, that I immunize (after an update), I get a message advising me how many "bad products" are blocked and that there are "6 additional protections available". This has been going on for months, seemingly forever, and no matter how many times I immunize or re-immunize, the result is always the same "6 additional protections available".
    Wish I could know what the 6 protections are and Why the 6 protections can't become part of my S&D's immunity????
    OTHER STRANGE BEHAVIOUR:
    1 - Internet Options - Privacy - Blocking Web Sites:
    I cannot type the www prefix for any web site which I add to the list. The www gets dropped every time I click the Block button (which button adds the web site to the list). For example, if I want to block www.---.com, I type www.---.com into the box, then click Block - When I look on the list for this newly added website, all I read is lop.com. When I (or others who use my PC at home) browse with IE to www.---.com, it takes us there with NO PROBLEM.
    I'm wondering what is causing the dropped www and also wondering if S&D Immunity adds web sites via Internet Options - Privacy - "block" list with the same results????
    2 - ADD REMOVE PROGRAMS - WINDOWS SETUP:
    I cannot, under any circumstances, remove the checkmarks from COMMUNICATIONS / Phone Dialer and Dial Up Networks. I remove the checkmarks (to disable these un-needed programs) and it's right there the next time I check it out. Ditto for SYSTEM TOOLS / Window-Pop-Up.

It appears that there is something controling my PC which should NOT be there. Any help appreciated. TIA
    Last edited by TreeHead; 2006-03-12 at 22:47. Reason: Removed link to malicious website