Main problem is: This is another consecutive day I am seeing "No server selected" on the button where the default server was usually listed. This is the button next to the Download updates button, in the Update window. And clicking on the arrowhead does not pull down a list of servers, as it formerly did. So, I cannot select a server!
Bad karma! So I haven't updated Spybot for several days - because I can't.
Info - Win XP SP2 fully updated, 512MB RAM, Intel P4 CPU, AVG Free updated, PestPatrol, Spyware Doctor, and Adaware updated all find nothing, and of course, Spybot never had that problem before.
Now, 2nd problem, I have frequently had Spybot hiccup on downloads, by giving me a Bad checksum!!! report in the download window; but I could always change download servers among a list of four or five, until one of them usually would give a complete download and turn the checkmark green. Strangely, even though the checkmark did go green, the Bad checksum!!! statement would remain in place. I know, this is a different problem, different from having NO servers available. I do not know of any method to insert a server URL. The list does not pull out, the button acts dead.
Would appreciate comments on either/both items. My best guess is, uninstall and reinstall Spybot, and then see what happens.
Any other better ideas, anybody?