Recently (for the past month+) I have noticed that my internet speed has came to practically a stand-still, now I know that (for once) it wasnt my ISP, so I did some investigating...

I found the problem with my slow speeds, SPYBOT S&D!!!!!!!!!
I am using the latest version, and I have noticed that EVERY time the blasted program runs, it adds pointless crap to my hosts file( a huge long list of sites to block) and this adds up to 244KB!!!!

Now EVERYONE knows that having a hosts file of MORE than 175KB+ slows down your speed, as it has to load all that rubbish in there, so every time I delete ALL the spybot rubbish it puts there.

I was so annoyed and angered by this that I have completely un-installedf Spybot S&D and WILL NEVER touch it again.

What rights do YOU (the makers of Spybot S&D) have to MESS AROUND with MY system files on MY machine???

How would YOU like it if I added lots of crap to YOUR files and as a result of my actions, make your browsing & downloading come to a crawl????

I expect a FULL explanation, or if nobody here can give me that explanation, the either post here or send me a PM with an email address to complain to, as this is well OUT OF ORDER!!!

I have come here just for the reason to vent my anger & fustration against the "clever" and I DO use that term loosely person(s) that came up with this stupid idea????

I have been an ITC active technicial & system builder for the last 11 years now, and I will block what I want, NOT what some random company chooses to block.

I som sorry for this rant, but it has cost me a lot over the last few months in lost wages for having to take time off work for ISP engineers to visit and also, as it was NOT a problem with my ISP, I was charged EVER SINGLE time an engineer came out and found it was not their problem!

Thank you Spybot NOT!!!!