Quote Originally Posted by JClynes View Post
I have the same problem as everyone else – I am on XP SP2. Its intermittent with me, sometimes works, other times get the error message at startup.

If it fails I have found the only way to start it is to fireup Spybot, go to Tools, Resident – the programme then starts up of its own accord without any error messages.

Am running Skype & Norton.
Yes, TeaTimer will start just fine if done from within SpyBotSD itself. The problem (for me at least) seems to occur only at boot time, and therein lies a clue as to what is going wrong: there seems to be a conflict b/w TeaTimer 's own initialisation and the initialisation of the rest of the PC. I am wondering if this conflict is due to an argument b/w TeaTimer and the antivirus softwares initialisation. This would make sense, as there is no problem with TeaTimer when it is started at any time other than boot-up (and therefore the anti-virus s/w is not initialising).

I am running avast 4.8, BTW.

I would be interested in the SpyBot Tech teams views on this proposition. And thankyou for the software (yes I have donated, and did so gladly).