Hi, I found this wesite while looking for registry cleaners...having read your forums it seems like they might be a bad idea...

anyway...first I should apologise if this is in the wrong forum or I didnt search hard enough for related topics, but as I'm unsue to the nature of my problem I didn't really know what else to do.

so whats happened is this...my internet browser is painfully slow. I should get 1mb but its currently running at about 10-20kbps. Now I know the internet is working in my house as the other computers on the network are running at normal speed. Ive tried different cables and bypassing the router. No luck.

What is strange is that if I load an online game my ping is fine, there is no drop in bandwidth. So I take it the problem is to do with my browser.

I have uninstalled firefox and reinstalled it. I have tried to perform a system restore but that always fails and comes up with an error message.

I have scanned and removed viruses using Avira, threatfire and Spybot.

Im out of ideas...

Are there any diagnostics I could run to determine if it is a hardware problem?

or any other tests to see what exactly it is that is using up all my bandwidth?

sorry again if this is in the wrong section, and I know its so vague that its probably a waste of time reading it...but I really cant figure this out....any help would be greatly appreciated.