Thread: Spybot Stopped Working on My Computer

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Post Spybot Stopped Working on My Computer

Pentium4 3.2GHz
    2GB RAM
    Windows XP Pro SP3 (all up dates always kept up to date)
    IE 7

I use Spybot S&D v 1.60 and keep it updated.

I also have Symantec Norton SystemWorks 2008 with Norton Antivirus, always kept up to date. In addtion, I have always used spybot with these programs.

Norton Reports: No Spyware, No Worms, Trogens or Viruses.

Suddenly Spybot no longer works. I uninstall, and reinstall from Safer Networks.

Still I receive the following error message: (in title bar of message: ) "Windows - No Disk" (In the main box of the message) is a big red X and it reads: Exception Processing Message c0000013 Parameters 75b6bf7c 4 75bf7c..." Then the tab buttons: "Cancel" "Try Again" Continue". All of which do nothing, and not until I hit Ctrl-Alt-Del and choose to end the process "SpybotSD.exe" can I get rid of that box.

Why is this happening all of the sudden, My computer seems to be working perfectly. I uninstalled spybot, allowed Norton to clean the registry and look for errors, checked the Hard drive for errors, and am at a loss at what else to do.

I've never yet had any spyware, in all the years I've used Spybot, nor have I ever had a virus or worm etc, because I only use the internet for research and don't go to sites where one could get these problems, and Norton Scans my incoming and outgoing emails.

But I like to run my utilities, keep my hard drive defragmented and use the immunization feature from spybot. I want my spybot back.

Can anyone make sense of my problem and guide me to resolve it?

Thanks,
    Larry
    Last edited by larryjg364; 2008-11-14 at 18:48. Reason: there was a smiley when I hit the colon and end parentesis keys, which was not intended!