Hello kind volunteers,

Last night my PC (running XP) went berserk with popups and Spy Sweeper informed me that numerous things were trying to install themselves. I kept closing windows and selecting "block installation" or "do not allow" whenever Spy Sweeper gave me the option, but eventually, all of the icons on my desktop as well as my taskbar disappeared, leaving only my wallpaper.

Rebooting yielded nothing - my icons and taskbar loaded initially but disappear within a few seconds, and right-clicking on my desktop seems to be disabled. Now the only way I can open anything is through Task Manager.

In addition to Spy Sweeper, I have CCleaner, Spybot, and Revo uninstaller on my computer from previous fiascoes and opened them through task manager to scan my drives. They found the following malware items that I can supposedly delete but that I notice are back upon rebooting:

Virtumonde
ZenoSearchAssistant
Smitfraud-C.CoreService

I am at a loss for what to do - I have already tried restoring but to no avail. Unfortunately I'm running into the same problem when I boot in safe mode, the icons and taskbar load at first but then disappear shortly after. I've read many of the other threads regarding these items and thought it was best to ask for help before I inadvertently screw this up any worse. CCleaner and Spybot can both access a list of startup items and have the option to disable them if that helps.

To make matters worse, unfortunately I don't think my computer is capable of connecting to the internet, but I have a flash drive and internet access on another computer and am willing to try anything at this point. Any help you could provide would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you very much!
Stuart