Hi all, first post so here goes...

I've had this problem a while now where Spybot would start a scan and a minute or so in it gets to:

Running bot-check (48366/545342: MadInjection.rtk)

...and then hangs.

When I stop the scan the program freezes and I can only close it via Windows Task Manager but interestingly, it always says it is still 'running' when clearly it is not.

A search for 'MadInjection.rtk' led me to in download and run 'RootAlyzer.exe' but this just hung straight away and didn’t search for anything. I couldn't even delete it as it was still running in the Processes of WTM and I could not End Process. I uninstalled and reinstalled Spybot on the off chance that is was corrupt but once again, it hung at the same point. I tried to run RootAlyzer again and again that hung as well.

I found the page for manually removing MadInjection.rtk but I've spent 30 minutes trying to find "The file at "<$SYSDIR>\drivers\mchInjDrv.sys". but couldn't find $SYSDIR (I guess the site is assuming that I am a tech head if I am attempt to remove something like this....why couldn't they be more specific and tell me exactly where the $SYSDIR is?)

Anyway, if anyone can help it would be much appreciated.

Cheers.