Thread: *sighs* Virtumonde.sdn

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Thumbs down *sighs* Virtumonde.sdn

I have the following programs on the computer: McAfee Virus Scanner, Malware Bytes, Spybot Search and Destroy. Scan regularly with all three. Used to have Ad-Aware but ditched it because I was becoming that dissatisfied with that program. Anyway, I updated my Malware and Spybot programs tonight. Closed out of both and went to McAfee and let it scan for viruses. Nothing showed up. I went to Malware Bytes after McAfee was finished and scanned with it. Nothing showed up. Went to Spybot Search & Destroy and one thing showed up. I'm honestly hoping it's a false positive because I dread computer problems almost as going to a doctor. So....here's what's going on in Spybot. I'll post the Hijack Log after that info.

Virtumonde.sdn
    (SBI $0B8F80EC) Library
    C:\WINDOWS\system32\ialmcoin.dll

Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v2.0.2
    Edit: Removed HJT log
    Please do not post HJT/CF etc logs in the Spybot forum. Thank you

I haven't noticed anything wrong with the computer lately. I've been sticking to familiar sites and not branching out. I haven't been going to a certain site and then getting redirected or anything. The only concern I had was my McAfee virus scanner scanning sites I've never been to before/wouldn't go to. I'd ask on another forum and somebody said that since I have Spybot those might be prevention sites Spybot downloaded onto the computer once I installed it.

Anyway, can somebody please help me. I'd really appreciate it. Please help me if I have the false positive and what to do there or what to do if I've really got something nasty on the computer. Thanks.
    Last edited by tashi; 2009-09-08 at 07:58. Reason: Removed HJT log ;-)