Thread: Spybot 2.0 ????

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Quote Originally Posted by lewisje View Post
    According to the developer of Safari AdBlock, Safari 5 (available for Windows XP and later) is able to block content: http://safariadblock.com/
    WRONG, lewisje! That Adblock for Safari 5 is for Mac OSes only. The author of Safari AdBlock does NOT mention Windows! AND Safari 5 Extensions feature is for those using recent Mac OSes. OOPSIE!

Apple didn't implement "extensions" for Safari 5 under Windows. So there's no way to install the Safari adblock extension under Windows. The Mac version of Safari 5 Browser seems to be more superior than its Windows counterpart and is more robust.

Quote Originally Posted by hanschke View Post
    the project is dead
    not true, hanschke. if it were that, then it would have been abandoned already. so the Spybot 2.0 project is on standby for a while.

I may have to give up using Spybot 1.62 since I'm pretty happy using Microsoft Software Essentials with its latest detection updates and MSE doesn't take almost forever to load unlike Spybot 1.62 with its latest updates installed. I hope when Spybot 2.0 comes out (whenever it's ready), it will launch a lot faster than the 1.62 version.
    Last edited by noel-pr7; 2010-06-23 at 17:47.