Ken

I think all is ok at this time with virus activity - nothing seems to be interfereing so if you're happy, io'm happy.

i am still working out some kinks with the wireless networking (getting popups from netgear everytime we boot up asking whether we want to use netgear or windows to manage the network). Paws handed me off to another tech who is trying to alleviate the issue by changing some things in the msconfig menu.

i did have a question about another computer (a desktop) that we don't use as frequently but maybe you can direct me to which forum could help for that. basically, it's plugged into a power strip that gets turned on and off a lot. io've noticed lately that when i turn the power strip on, the computer must be getting turned on and the screen is in dos mode and says something about pressing f2 to continue or f1 to ignore. i click f1 and the machine boots up but the clock is all out of whack as far as date and time. if i fix it manually, next time i turn on the power strip (note i am not actually turning on the computer, it is just that its power cord goes from "cold" to "hot" connection, i get the same message and same issues with date and time.
i've tried the web sync, but that doesn't help.

if you have any ideas, please let me know.

thank you so much for all your help

regards,

loopy