Thread: And when you are frightened of a game and facebook hacker ?

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Lightbulb And when you are frightened of a game and facebook hacker ?

Hello, I have a Paypal issue and was threatened to close it. It was because a friend got his Facebook hacked by someone pretending to be him, who asked me my Paypal codes. I don't know if threaten comes from game that don't want Paypal to investigate or from the hacker itself that don't want Paypal to investigate, since Paypal has refund me and accepted case. But if I close case, thief won't be found. Threaten was that if I don't close case I won't be able to login game. But I have not tried and will not. And worse, tense was in past as if it had already bugged my login that was working, so maybe hacker mistake of game player to brake.

I'm mostly a Linux user, that's why no issues yet. But still I was afraid for a friend who I pilot who game went too slow and got hole pc not responding. Today I am on Windows. I don't intend to read my e-mails neither play game until case if finished and thief caught. I don't know if I'm wrong or right ? Should I obey to threatenings from either game with no clear financial or either from hacker who don't want Paypal to investigate ?

What does Paypal investigates ? Is it who was the thief ? Or is it what kind of financial is going on with game ? Or is is customer support in case of trouble ? I don't know at all what Paypal investigates ?

Is it safe for me and my friend not to close case ? Or should we close case and give back the 60 dollars ? I don't know if I should behave like someone in front of someone with a knife or like someone in front of a mind and identity manipulator ? And how should I react to that ? No idea.

Now I have just new Windows 10, am I safe ? Is there anything my friend who surely have Windows should do with his PC ? I use double boot Linux and Windows, mostly on Windows, first I had bought Pro version of Spybot and second I had bought Home version of Spybot wich I have now (because I'm not that rich). Is there anything I can do with it to be safer ? Is there a way I can offer my friend without letting him use my Paypal, Spybot Home version ? Should I put a second anti-virus other then the one in non free Home version ?

Please give me light.
    Last edited by tashi; 2015-10-12 at 20:40. Reason: Moved from the Tavern