Cross-posted here in the Malware forum and the New and Undetected Forum. Sorry - wasn't sure under what category this issue fell into.

Hi all,

First things first - wish you a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year.

Now for the reason that I am here

I did something really stupid last night and clicked on a .exe file that I received yesterday. Almost immediately, my Windows Firewall as turned off and I could not restart is despite many tries. Additionally, my other firewall, EZFirewall (that came installed with my Toshiba laptop) was also disabled.

After this, I found out that my command prompt refuses to run (I get a "Admin has disabled this feature" message, regedit refuses to start, my disk recovery doesn't work, and most worryingly, my Windows XP install DVD (from Toshiba's original XP recovery pack) just refuses to run despite changing the boot order (and all that good stuff)

I used Spyware Doctor and cleaned out about 120 malware/spyware programs. However, my original problems still persisted. Next, I usd Spybot-S&D (with latest definitions) and removed a further 18 malware programs. Now, my EZ Firewall is working finally but the rest of the usses still remain.

I don't have access to CMD or regedit or system utilities or ability to install from the XP DVD (which I tried in a desperate attempt to format my hard disk).

Please help me as I am at my wit's end. Thank you and I appreciate you taking the time to help us out on this Christmas Day.

My laptop's specs are

Toshiba L15 Satellite
Win XP SP 2
700+ RAM
40 Gigs HDD
Browsers: IE 6.0 and Opera 8.01
AV: Symantec Personal Edition
Firewalls: EZ Firewall
Other programs installed: Spybot S&D, Spyware Doctor, and Windows Defender (beta)