Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Another Virtumonde Victim

Red face Is this the end...

The PC is running great; there are no pop-ups and the speed is great. Is there going to be an issue with having all these new programs (HijackThis, Malwarebytes', ATF-Cleaner, ComboFix, and SPYBOT) installed? Or am I just looking a gift horse in the mouth?

Do you need to see one more HJT log to call it done and done?

Emeritus

Let's do a little cleanup.
    • Click START then RUN
    • Now type Combofix /u in the runbox and click OK. Note the space between the X and the /U, it needs to be there.

-----------------------------------

This will remove ComboFix, The rest you can keep.

You can run ATF to remove temp files about once a week.

Safe surffing.
    MS-MVP Windows Security 2006,2007,2008 & 2009
    ASAP member since 2004

Red face Before you go...

Should I remove HijackThis and MalWareBytes in the same way? I am currently using Norton Antivirus (which I am questioning now) and AVG (which I feel pretty happy about), and will be putting SpyBot back on.

Also, I am now getting an error message when windows shuts down: ccSvcHst.exe - Application Error. The instruction at "0x89d44618" referenced at "0x89d44618". The memory could not be "read". Click on OK to terminate the program." It appears and disappears quickly. Is this something else that is problematic and/or what do I do about it?

THanks for everything.

Emeritus

Quote Originally Posted by Roboflavin View Post
    Should I remove HijackThis and MalWareBytes in the same way? I am currently using Norton Antivirus (which I am questioning now) and AVG (which I feel pretty happy about), and will be putting SpyBot back on.
    You can download them latter if we need them how ever you will lose the back ups. Norton is fine but it slows your PC down. Some may call it malware
    Also, I am now getting an error message when windows shuts down: ccSvcHst.exe
    It is part of Norton
    MS-MVP Windows Security 2006,2007,2008 & 2009
    ASAP member since 2004