Thread: 'Puter Bug

Default 'Puter Bug

I'm having trouble with windows popping up and attempting to browse to various websites. whatever it is, it is disallowing me from opening task manager, and it attempted to disable my Windows Firewall.

In the course of battling the bug, internet was a causlty, I'm not sure yet why. I downloaded and burned Avast Virus Cleaner tool -- which allowed me to sweep my system for viruses, as well as Spybot S&D.

The virus tool claims there are no Viruses or Worms present, but i cannot get Spybot to install, it tells me that "Servername or Address could not be resolved."

Is there a tool that will let me sweep my system for Malware and trojans that does not require an internet connection?

Spybot Advisor Team [Retired] md usa spybot fan's Avatar

ERoberts:

Quote Originally Posted by ERoberts View Post
    ... but i cannot get Spybot to install, it tells me that "Servername or Address could not be resolved." ...
    Try skipping updating during the installation and update after the installation, making sure that you authorize program SDUpdate.exe to access the internet via your firewall.

Please read my suggestion in post #5 of this thread:

Getting an answer is one thing, learning is another.

Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition running on a 2.40GHz IntelŪ PentiumŪ 4 Processor with 512 MB of RAM and a 533 MHz System Bus.

Oh, I didn't see that check box! I'll try that as soon as I get home, thanks!