Thread: Suggestions

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Visiting Fellow

From various straws, I have concluded that this is the new permanent support forum for Spybot - whether or not N-I forums come back.

I'm really cnm, but the software here insisted on name having 5 characters or more.

Well Brent, your comment about no one reading seems a little strange since that 'notice' you ref to(I read it when it was posted) doesn't answer or even have any bearing on any of the many questions that those curious have posed. I know for a fact that Ahmad's clients who were screwed want answers and folks like me just want their curiosity quenched.

Since you seem to think you know the answers well enough to make comments like "Funny how the rumors start... out of nothingness.. :P' & "Some people just don't read' , perhaps you would care to answer the querries I mentioned earlier in this thread instead of making meaningless comments that don't answer to anything.

"Like;
    Why did NI move to a low level host instead of just to another box as would be standard procedure with any server farm?

Why were all other domains shut down without even notifying the owners/users.

How could any kind of crash cause this kind of down time? My box could completely burn up and I'd be back in a matter of hours using my backups.

Since it seems totally unfeasible to try to maintain two support boards, why this board?"

EDIT: I know it is doubtfull that any answers will ever come out and I'd just as soon not reply to this thread again. However, if Brent or anyone else wants to insult our intelligence with nonsense, then I'll be obliged to step on it.

Personally, I'm very glad to see PMK move to his own board/site. I think it's one of his best decisions.
    Last edited by mikey; 2005-10-26 at 15:44.

If NI is anything like me, I had issues with my colo provider, killed my account, and moved on to a different provider. I was back up within a couple of hours just as you stated you were capable of, but all of it was sparked by a dead HD. Yes, backups were in place, but if I was going to restore / start over with a new machine, I didn't want to do it @ the same provider.

But it happens..

I wouldn't consider Liquid Web low level hosting though..

*shrugs*
    Team Spybot
    Support / Mirrors

Quote Originally Posted by Brent
    I wouldn't consider Liquid Web low level hosting though..
    I think you missed the mark again. While LiquidWeb is a medium-large provider(managed services_yuk), his 'low level' host is not. He is now hosted by http://anrhost.com/ who in turn is hosted by LiquidWeb. You would have known that if you had followed the link in my first post. Guess you didn't read...ironic.

10/21/05 08:46:54 Spade Log
    10/21/05 08:47:14 whois net-integration.net
    .net is a domain of Network services
    Searches for .net can be run at http://www.crsnic.net/

whois -h whois.crsnic.net net-integration.net ...
    Redirecting to TUCOWS INC.

whois -h whois.opensrs.net net-integration.net ...
    Registrant:
    Net-Integration. LLC
    P.O. Box 348
    Ludlow, MA 01056
    US

Domain name: NET-INTEGRATION.NET

Administrative Contact:
    Rashad, Ahmad T. ni-admin@charter.net
    P.O. Box 348
    Ludlow, MA 01056
    US
    +1.4133030338
    Technical Contact:
    Rashad, Ahmad T. ni-admin@charter.net
    P.O. Box 348
    Ludlow, MA 01056
    US
    +1.4133030338

Registrar of Record: TUCOWS, INC.
    Record last updated on 21-Oct-2005.
    Record expires on 30-Oct-2006.
    Record created on 30-Oct-2000.

Domain servers in listed order:
    NS1.ANRHOST.COM 209.59.180.229
    NS2.ANRHOST.COM 209.59.180.230

EDIT: Are you starting to get tired of being wrong? I'm certainly getting tired of pointing it out.
    Last edited by mikey; 2005-10-27 at 16:34.