Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Spyware protection

Okay. Well i will try A-squared and Malwarebytes... thanks for all the help!

You can now close this thread.

I bet they'll serve you well.

There's no need to close this thread since anyone else can add on and contribute .

Happy Holidays.

Quote Originally Posted by coolperson987 View Post
    I am planning to replace AVG Anti-spyware (updates for it are ending) with either A-squared or Malwarebytes Anti-malware. Anyone know which is best or whether i should use both???

let me know! Thanks

drummer
    Spybot would be a great replacement for it, as it offers real time protection and preventive measures for the 3 main browsers (IE, Firefox and Opera), and it also adds entries to the HOSTS file. No other antispyware tool offers this in their free versions. I don't even think they offer it in their paid versions, as a matter of a fact.

About Malwarebytes, use it only as on-demand scanner, along side SUPERAntispyware Free Edition.

That's what I use. Spybot and those two as on-demand scanners.

That's just my opinion, and keep in mind that no antivirus/antispyware will detect it all.

Also, if you decide to upgrade to AVG 8, it will work just fine with Spybot. And you will have 2 great antispyware apps - Ewido and Spybot

Hope it helps you out.

Best regards

I have Spybot 1.6 installed and it is a wonderful product! I have lately heard a lot about Malwarebytes and A-squared that i figured i would give them a shot.

Thanks for letting me know AVG 8.0 Free works well with spybot.

Have a Happy New Year!!